Shingles

eggsarascal

Shingles, the medical one, not wooden ones.

Anyone had it?, I'm into week two of it and it's blooming awful. I've got a rash all over the right side of my body, and I feel like I've taken a good kicking. Mrs Egg rang the doctors this morning to get some advice from the quack, the advice was don't bring him down here, come and collect another script for him...... Ya know it's not good when the doctor doesn't want to see ya!

I'm getting tired of it now. I went to the pub yesterday and sat in the beer garden, on me tod. It's no fun when all ya mates treat you like Leper.

On the bright side it's more comfy sat with my feet up on the sofa than it is sitting in the van.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Had it last year.  Doctors told me not to go down, they can only treat it within the first few days.  It was my osteo that spotted it on me, I thought I just had a sweat rash or something. 

By all accounts I think I had it pretty mild but it still knocked me for 6 

How long did it take yours to clear up?

The Doctor spoke to Mrs Egg on the phone this afternoon and said it can take some weeks to clear up.

I had a week in hospital over last New Year with it cos of poor immunity after chemo. I think a couple of weeks later it had cleared up. But, the area is tender on occasion particularly when I'm hot and feels funny to the touch due to the nerve damage. 

To make you feel worse, there's more probability that you'll get it again I think.

Edited by Gary Prentice

I had it a few years back , you can still feel where they where now at times , not some thing I would ever want again! Try and take vitamin pills and not drink as much to keep the immune system up. 

Pretty sure mine was brought on by stress of been robbed and moving.