2 x small saws & 1 big, theft replacements?

mattveg

Hi

Following on from my truck being emptied by someone else, looking to replace the following, which worked well for what we did, small stuff and the odd bigger bit.  We mostly side up canals, rivers and hedges, so weight for the small stuff is a factor, as it's being used probably more than felling work.

MS201 rear handle

MS231

MS362

Need to replace 2 HS87R's and a Kombi as well so happy to look at battery kit, as a bundle package.

Happy to do a straight replacement apart from the 201 as it's a fortune new.  We've a few spare bars & chains to fit the above so would have to start again if we changed.

Same again or any other options?

I have a decent ms200 backhandle for sale at the minute. Some pics on gumtree. Could do it for 230 with no bar and chain. It's had a carb kit and av rubber just now.

Really sorry to hear you getting done over.

Only selling as I have a ms201 and dolly 3410.

If you want new and super light id look at the echo 360wes. Only used the top handle version which is excellent and on par with a 200.

Hope you get back to work soon pal

1 hour ago, billpierce said:

I have a decent ms200 backhandle for sale at the minute. Some pics on gumtree. Could do it for 230 with no bar and chain. It's had a carb kit and av rubber just now.

Really sorry to hear you getting done over.

Only selling as I have a ms201 and dolly 3410.

If you want new and super light id look at the echo 360wes. Only used the top handle version which is excellent and on par with a 200.

Hope you get back to work soon pal

Thanks, the 201 was a rear handle, not a top handle, and I'm too old and heavy to climb!

Sorry to hear about these thefts but I am now wondering why the Stihl MS201 back handle model is so expensive ?

I guess because it'she same as the top handle versions ( both ms200 and 201) which are very light and powerful ( for their cc) saws and pretty durable ( sort from 201)

You are right though it's disproportionate to their cc/power.

Expect the ms241 is worth a look in