Extending my working holiday in New Zealand

JosephD

I have been living and working in Auckland for 8 months now and my working holiday is due to expire in late January next year and i have the option to extend my visa for another year and wanting to move out of auckland to a different part of new zealand to spend my second year. 

I will be traveling for the next 3 months down to places like wellington , nelson , queens town,Christchurch etc for the rest of my current visa duration and thinking of while i'm down in those areas to contact some tree companies to enquire about any work that will be available come next January when i will have my second visa granted so i can re-locate and start work straight away in my desired area. not particulary fussy about what area i will move to just aslong as there is work there available but preferably somewhere in the south-island however ive heard work down there is more scare down there and not alot of companies so was thinking maybe the capital city wellington.

if any body who can give me any help or if theres anyone currently in NZ who knows of any vaccanies anywhere other than Auckland then if you could let me know then it would be much appreciated.

Cheers Joe.

Have you had a look on Trademe.co.nz, seek.co.nz, and New Zealand Arb Jobs / New Zealand Tree Climbers (last two both on Facebook). Spoilt for choice, N. Island - Coromandel, Hawkes Bay, Taupo, Taranaki, Wellington. South Island Nelson, Christchurch, Queenstown... Oh and everywhere in between!