Husqvarna 560xp Vs 562xp

Top Cat

3 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I just can't see it performing well with a 28" bar on, specially not with 3/8 chain 

28" is the USA spec on the 562  ...make of that what you will . Regardless , putting a 28" bar of any sort on the that group of saw seems counter productive to me. A slim and a fairly light saw spoilt in balance and performance by a bar size normally put on a far bigger dedicated felling saw.  

• Like 2

My mistake on the bar lenth !  I do when required run my stock 562 on 24" in both hard and soft woods, my ported 562 28" full comp and the guy doing the work did run my saw with a 30" on Fir. Full comp chain. I work on rough ground so the lightest saw possible is what I'm looking for and if you have the chance run a 562 with a "big" bar and it's far from "spoilt" If I have a sale of mostly oversize (3ft +) then yes bring out the 372 XP( 75cc) or bigger !

Back to the op's question, the large bar mount of the 562 is nice if you have other saws with that mount. As I said IMO the 562 runs "stronger" ? That said you can run the 560 on 3/8 by just adding the small dia 3/8 rim but although a small mount 20" bar is 72 DL a small mount 18" is 64 Dl as opposed to large mount bar 68 Dl so it just depends on what you have in the rest of the "fleet" ?

• Like 1

560 and 562 are the same engine. Cylinder, piston, carb and coil are all shared between the two. The only slight difference is the crank but the bearings are the same. What your paying for is the 3/8 option. Larger airfilter does help. With these saws it's all about keeping them cool. If you want it to last then run it on XP oil or of course similar but nothing is the same as the XP as that is produced in partnership for these engines! 

10 hours ago, Sawchip said:

28" is the USA spec on the 562  ...make of that what you will . Regardless , putting a 28" bar of any sort on the that group of saw seems counter productive to me. A slim and a fairly light saw spoilt in balance and performance by a bar size normally put on a far bigger dedicated felling saw.  

Americans always seem to stick the biggest bar option on any saw, probably saves bending down when snedding or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peatff said:

Americans always seem to stick the biggest bar option on any saw, probably saves bending down when snedding or something.

Marketing phycology plays a part to i would say Peat ,along with the saw culture in general over there . They probably think we are odd using (in there mind) "short bars" of 15-18 inch on 50 and 60 cc saws . You see the bar rating published on the saw sticker with the USA saws ....Iv seen the 550 xp Domarl 5105 and the 346 ne (to name a few) with the normal length of 20" bar . I personally disagree with that choice ..but then again im not a American.

• 1 year later...

Anyone running both models?Is there a noticeable difference in cutting speed between the 3/8 and 325? looking at running either a 560 or 562 on a 15" bar 90% of the time but the larger mount would be useful the odd occasion for larger stuff, I've also already got bars and chains to fit larger mount. 

8 minutes ago, Tyz05 said:

Anyone running both models?Is there a noticeable difference in cutting speed between the 3/8 and 325? looking at running either a 560 or 562 on a 15" bar 90% of the time but the larger mount would be useful the odd occasion for larger stuff, I've also already got bars and chains to fit larger mount. 

Get the 562 then . ?