Which pole pruner set to go for?

jamesd

I'm thinking of going for a jameson heavy duty double pulley pruner head with four six foot poles. Has anyone used these before or is there a better option? Are the jameson tested for powerline use?

These are the ones i'm thinking of going for:

http://www.skylandequipment.com/jameson-hollow-extension-pole.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyNPfkK251gIVTLvtCh1npQqrEAQYASABEgLJuvD_BwE

I'm not to worried about having a saw head but will probably go for one later on, could you put a silky blade on the jameson poles?

Cheers, James.

Interesting just had a look at the aus kit frjones do, seems a fair bit more expensive than the jameson ones, also the bahco pruner head does not seem quite as good as the heavy duty, double pulley one jameson do. Where did you get yours from? would probably just prefer to buy 4 poles and a pruner head to start with.

http://www.skylandequipment.com/aus-utility-firbreglass-pole-pruning-set.html

5 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Are they specifically for live work?

No, I tend to stear clear of working near the poles with the three uninsulated wires on them. 33kv ones i think they're called, they the ones you mean?

Obviously the standard insulted ones that feed your house you can't help but come across in domestic arb work...

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

In that case I'd vote for wolf pole pruners.  Not the length of the sectional poles but they are always long enough for me 

I've actually got a set of those that extend to around 14ftish put the pruner head doesn't seem man enough for some jobs and at full extension they have a lot of flex in them.

Just wanted something a bit more heavy duty tbh

I've not used the Aus ones James, but I'm well happy with the Jameson's I've got. I went for 4 foots for easier storage (and as a set up for the big shot).
I doubt you'll be disappointed with either.
I think the Wolf stuff is ok generally, but I don't think the build quality of the lopping head matches the Jameson and Fred Marvin, and for pretty much the same money.