New Zealand job opps

Hello all, 

After a significant change in circumstances I'm considering heading back to NZ as a lead climber.  

Last time I work over there was 2013-14 as a jnr arborist and was on $20 hr.

I've now got about 5 years experience (tickets: CS30,31,38,39,41), and currently operate as a successful contract climber, while conducting my own small arb business in the local area. 

So before I spend £4k on a plane ticket for my dog, I need some advice on what kind of wage scale I would be looking at for someone of my skill level?

Any help would be awesome!

chur

I'm currently over here in New Zealand (Auckland) , And i am on $22 per hour. I'm 22 years old and had just over 2 years climbing experience prior to arriving here in NZ in january this year.  I am classed as a climber but to be honest most of the trees i am climbing every day are not very big or difficult. a few medium-large trees every now and then but mostly 90% of the time smaller trees in gardens and on the street etc.

For work purposes i would say here in Auckland is the best place to be as there is loads and loads of work and plenty of tree companies that would snap you up as a contract climber as there is a very big shortage of skilled climbers over here so you should have no problem finding work at all , however with you first arriving it will take a while to prove yourself and get your name around  , so i would reccomend maybe working for a comapny as an employee for a while just to get going before you go sub-contractor. in terms of pay i'm not sure what the wages are like for free-lance/contract climbers here in Auckland but i know a good team-leader working for a company could earn 30 dollars per hour if thats any help. 

• Like 1

Around 27 to 30 an hour on wages through most of the country. Have seen up to 40 an hour advertised in Auckland.
I would expect you'd see around 55-60k on a salary.

Subbys prices range from 35 to 45 for ground workers and average Climbers, with the better guys commanding between 50 and 70 an hour.