Importing firewood SCAM from spain

Davescay

Hi

Just to give you the heads up that if you get a email from [email protected] (Emilio Gonzalez) this is a scam

They are offering cheap firewood from spain, Company is called Biomamsa Forestal, which does exist and legit but only sells pellets

I made enquiries to go and see them.  I spoke to the factory direct and they only sell wood pellets and confirmed that this is a scam and that Emilio is not connected with them in any way

Hopefully no one has fell for this and sent money

Had an email from them this morning, it's very professional looking with details of the factory etc, with hindsight there's too much detail though... 

I'm just glad there isn't anyone selling firewood at £35 a cube, I'd be out of business. :)

8 minutes ago, Alycidon said:

Imported logs from reputable sources are now quite costly, Ash at around £110 for a stacked crate, 54 crates per container.  Birch is about £106.

Pound has dropped 22% against the Euro since pre brexit.  Looking more sensible to process your own now.

A

It looks like Brexit is the gift that just keeps giving!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Alycidon said:

Imported logs from reputable sources are now quite costly, Ash at around £110 for a stacked crate, 54 crates per container.  Birch is about £106.

Pound has dropped 22% against the Euro since pre brexit.  Looking more sensible to process your own now.

A

Is that a 2 cube crate?

On 9/21/2017 at 17:37, gdh said:

Is that a 2 cube crate?

No.    its a stacked crate at 1.17 cu m,  but this includes the volume of the pallet so its the shipped volume.   Volume of wood on the pallet is about .95 cu m,   loose it equates to roughly 1.5 cu m.

A

• Thanks 1

I've also had this email and subsequent correspondence with Emilio and thought straight the way he sounds dodgy! His phone number doesn't tally with the contact details on their website. He doesn't currently supply to anyone in the UK and I was suprised he was in Spain as I though most imported kiln dried logs came from Northern European countries.  The other thing to remember is that if it sounds too good to be true, it most probably is.  110 euros for a 2 cubic meter crate dropping to 80 euros at higher volumes.

Thanks for the heads up guys and yes it looks more profitable to continue sourcing and processing local timber as we have been doing successfully for around 8 years now.

• Like 1