What type of MEWP and why?

beechwood

On 30/06/2019 at 14:09, kimtree said:

Finally someone else in the tree world has bought one. Better just hope yours wasn't made on a Friday like mine turned out to be.Mines a DT24 which is an earlier model but is basically the same except for a different basket attachment arrangement.

We have had a lot of electronic problems  

That doesn’t fill me with much confidence! How do you like it, problems aside?

On 09/07/2019 at 22:00, Tikka said:

Where did you purcahse you Cela Spyder from?

I bought it privately from Germany, saw the ad on Mascus. All well and good but getting a loler on it has required a few quid spending on English decals and manual etc.  

Edited by russbushpig

I bought it privately from Germany, saw the ad on Mascus. All well and good but getting a loler on it has required a few quid spending on English decals and manual etc.  
Thanks, whats is it like to source parts (if needed)

I dont seem to recall a machine with the height and reach for its size.

5 hours ago, russbushpig said:

That doesn’t fill me with much confidence! How do you like it, problems aside?

you should be alright in chilly UK . Turns out the can bus system can't handle the heat levels we get here.Also some of the rubber wiring connections absorbed water/rain from the air but they have been changed on the later machines i believe.

I have put a cooling fan setup in the processor box and that fixed most  of the random codes appearing on the screen.We have also replaced various wiring loom parts and the top box electronics.  Cela did a retrofit wiring fix but i had to find out about it myself. As in they knew there was an issue but didn't do a recall.

To the machines capability's.

When it works its fantastic great working envelope good speed and there is nothing else out there similar. Really good for tree work.

Now to parts supply. In Europe you should be ok but in OZ if i didn't  have a backup machine i would have gone broke waiting for parts .

The first part that broke was a track adjuster that split the side of the piston barrell? that took three weeks to  get here. We got that welded up to get the machine out of the property we were working in at the time but then decided not to trust it and waited for the new part .Some of the electronic parts was 3 months.

I am pretty sure this machine is jinxed as every time it performs flawlessly and i then tell my worker 'gee isn't this great 40 trouble free hours" it immediately cracks the shits and stops working! 

• Like 2

On 12/07/2019 at 19:10, Alex O said:

Hey Kim, how’s the lorry and saw head going haven’t seen any pics for a while

Great.Must have done 50 jobs with it since those last pictures.Absolute game changer.I have bought my own farm off the back of it

• Like 1

Great.Must have done 50 jobs with it since those last pictures.Absolute game changer.I have bought my own farm off the back of it

That’s great bud. I’m over in Sydney at the moment activating our visas will be moving over here permanently once we sell our house back in the uk. I’m loving the set ups here in and around Sydney, big trucks and big chippers [emoji56][emoji1360]