Ballsy stunt fells

billpierce

The gut asked for stunt fells and rigging... that's not not spam.... that's all worth watching..

Yeah some nice felling. Lovely looking woods you got round your parts too.

Apparently the stunt fell rules mean they only qualify for stunt status if you priced the job to dismantle and then you felled though.

Not spam, just suddenly quite a lot to look at!

2 hours ago, mistahbenn said:

Overkill

Matter of perspective.... You could think of it like this... I AM just a whole lot better than you! You got one lame fall to show.. and pride yourself on fence repair expertise... You think you're good... you've never even seen good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

Interesting use of wedges. Did the hinge fail on both those maples as they appear to go sideways?  I like the skid steer.

The first tree was planned to have the hinge fail, so that it would end up in the yard, not in the fence or into the adjacent  trees.. The second tree did fail to the side weight. It was not planned, ot desires obviously, bit also not unexpected..

had I to do it over again, I would have been more careful about the direction of pull with the skid steer loader. As it was, the second tree did hang up, but once it was over the creek, it was easy to get down. Turned out to be a good lesson in how far you can push the limits before failure to side weight. 

• Like 2