Ballsy stunt fells

billpierce

5 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Stunt fells must be un assisted, no diggers shoving, no ropes pulling!
Stunt fells are trees priced to section out and take a day or 2, customer goes out, you look at the boys and give the nod!
I'm doubtful of the use of wedges to be a true Stunt fell, Mike Hill will hopefully be along to verify! :)

I've always assumed that wedges were permitted for those nasty backleaners - but then again I might be wrong!

Surely any fell with a lot of targets around it / beside it / behind it that goes according to plan, lands where it's supposed to and lets you walk away a hero is a stunt fell?  Does it really matter if you wedge it, push it, pull it?  The risk / danger element should count should it not, rather than how you priced it?

2 minutes ago, Spruce Pirate said:

Surely any fell with a lot of targets around it / beside it / behind it that goes according to plan, lands where it's supposed to and lets you walk away a hero is a stunt fell?  Does it really matter if you wedge it, push it, pull it?  The risk / danger element should count should it not, rather than how you priced it?

id agree. if its only an unaided fell that counts then thats only a tree thats weighted where you want it to land, where as if you include assisted then you open up all the crazy back leaners etc that some people manage. in my mind a stunt fell is a  tricky fell that went according to plan and had it not would have caused a bit of bother! just my thoughts carl

Agreed; first fell not stunt. Other two some pretty close houses and trucks close by etc sure counts as a stunt?

Generally agree with Mr Blair, true stunt fell is where you ha e quoted for dismantle then just whop it down. But if you do a huge back leaner cut with what sounds like a ms170 with 30" bar with a polyprop tug line and old boy with trad helmet on popping the odd wedge in with a house that's a stunt in my book.

http://

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billpierce said:

Agreed; first fell not stunt. Other two some pretty close houses and trucks close by etc sure counts as a stunt?

Generally agree with Mr Blair, true stunt fell is where you ha e quoted for dismantle then just whop it down. But if you do a huge back leaner cut with what sounds like a ms170 with 30" bar with a polyprop tug line and old boy with trad helmet on popping the odd wedge in with a house that's a stunt in my book.

http://

That's the one I meant .

As amazing is that fell is, he destroyed the decking making me think these houses were coming down anyway, also I'm sure there's a Skidder on this tree tucked in the woods.

So does it count as a stunt fell in your book?

I reckon no skidder in woods and the reckoned 'redoing that decking would have been easier than a dismantle. Guessing it was his or a mates shack.