Stopped by VOSA

steve@black

17 minutes ago, roseyweb said:

In short 

outside of 100km you need a taco

i came from kettering and got pulled at birch hanger services which is something 65ks from base.

being honest and knowing if I was dick and caught fibbing I'd only get done on something else I told them, I was going Colchester which is 116 ks

Had I been working at the services or near by I'd be legal, going to Colchester I was not. 

Also had digger and trailer impounded and had to pay for Lowloader to remove 

not a great day 

I'm probably missing the point here but how can you be prosecuted for an offence you have yet to commit? In criminal law, you need the intention (mens rea) and the illegal action (actus reus) to have committed the offence. :confused1:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, felixthelogchopper said:

I'm probably missing the point here but how can you be prosecuted for an offence you have yet to commit? In criminal law, you need the intention (mens rea) and the illegal action (actus reus) to have committed the offence. :confused1:

I guess I had the intent to commit, sucks I guess 

4 hours ago, Khriss said:

To be fair - the idea that these cables will safely stop yr trailer whilst on the move ( if it comes off the hitch ) is nonsense - on my Lorry - trailer test , the examiner made it clear they are only to stop the trailer on uneven ground if you mess up hitching / unhitching - the brake will then come On . Not having one on yr trailer will mean you must carry chocks . ( as many chippers often seem to have now . K

The cable does not do the stopping or keep it attached to the vehicle. It is supposed to apply the fully working brakes & then snap.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roseyweb said:

In short 

outside of 100km you need a taco

i came from kettering and got pulled at birch hanger services which is something 65ks from base.

being honest and knowing if I was dick and caught fibbing I'd only get done on something else I told them, I was going Colchester which is 116 ks

Had I been working at the services or near by I'd be legal, going to Colchester I was not. 

Also had digger and trailer impounded and had to pay for Lowloader to remove 

not a great day 

Use this tool to see just how far you can go. Remember its not actually how far you drive. Also you can go out of the area & back in as long as its just due to the way the roads take you.

https://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm