PTO overrun clutch needed on a dual clutch Unimog

fixesanything

I have a TP 150 chipper that I am about to put on the back of a U1200.  The Lindana Instructions say that an overrun clutch should be used on the PTO shaft.  As it has a separate PTO clutch and the shaft can spin freely when clutched out so do I need one ? It has an 1 3/4 inch PTO so am finding it difficult to find one and an adaptor makes my PTO angles awful.

We run it on a valtra that has a utch on the pto yes when I used 1 on a mog it too had a air clutch which ment the shafts could turn freely when disengaged, the overrun just gives the transmission some protection from the flywheel mass should you drop the rpm quickly, I got 1 not too expensive from local tractor dealers when I built the quick chip which isn't too big and just slipped onto the input splines on the gearbox. 4c272b6dbeb43adfdeb20b6bbf5a41fd.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Arbtalk mobile app

51 minutes ago, Gray git said:

We run it on a valtra that has a utch on the pto yes when I used 1 on a mog it too had a air clutch which ment the shafts could turn freely when disengaged, the overrun just gives the transmission some protection from the flywheel mass should you drop the rpm quickly, I got 1 not too expensive from local tractor dealers when I built the quick chip which isn't too big and just slipped onto the input splines on the gearbox. 4c272b6dbeb43adfdeb20b6bbf5a41fd.jpg

What size capacity is the quick chip John?

6x8" it's my old 222 that the engine died and trailer was fairly knackered so I cut it up and turned it into a pto, works really well but running it on a 150 hp tractor is a bit over the top, keep thinking about selling it but has sentimental value as its how I met the wife doing some contracting with it in around 2004.14acb386166328c23aed14ad901e5acb.jpg

You can chip and move if you want on a Mog, usually railway work or in a field. Stick it in super crawler and crack on or when manoeuvring I usually drop just drop the revs and leave the pto on., just don't lift the arms to High.

The chipper should have the slip clutch on it. When engaging the chipper, just don't dip the clutch in the Mog.