Jump to content
wjotner

4x4 pickup tippers - which have best capacity

Recommended Posts

Hi All, CPL are the approved converter for Isuzu and our Dmax Chipper Tipper has an air suspension upgrade taking it to 3.5tn and a max payload capacity of 1300kgs.  It is fully type approved and comes with a manufacturers warranty.  Check out the video at www.cumberlanduk.co.uk or call us on 01536 529876 for more details.

CPL Chipper Tipper Hero#3BC64 (002).jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really dont see the point. 

 

if you want a pickup as a day to day wagon as well as a work wagon then get a trailer. It will have 4 times the capacity of that tiny pickup.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, donnk said:

really dont see the point. 

 

if you want a pickup as a day to day wagon as well as a work wagon then get a trailer. It will have 4 times the capacity of that tiny pickup.

Because then you need a tracked chipper (lots more £££) to save taking two vehicles, and its a right ball-ache when you can't get the chipper and the chip on the trailer and you have to make a return trip just for the chipper. Trust me, Ive a double cab hilux, towing a 12ft (8m3) trailer with a tracked chipper, more than a 3rd full of chip and theres no space for the chipper. 

A single cab 4x4 pickup with 4-5m3 chip capacity and standard 6" chipper would be better for a lot of small works, lighter rig to tow (less fuel) smaller rig etc. Even if you had to tip twice in a day, its still the same km driven as my setup. 

 

They've got their place in the market imo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd agree with all that Josh.

I'd like something like that to run instead of the Transit on smaller or off road jobs, or in tandem on bigger ones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi All, CPL are the approved converter for Isuzu and our Dmax Chipper Tipper has an air suspension upgrade taking it to 3.5tn and a max payload capacity of 1300kgs.  It is fully type approved and comes with a manufacturers warranty.  Check out the video at www.cumberlanduk.co.uk or call us on 01536 529876 for more details.
59c23b9190ee3_CPLChipperTipperHero3BC64(002).thumb.jpg.839be975a5ec28bbea51931a788d4734.jpg


What's involved in updating a dmax to 3.5t, is it as simply as an air suspension upgrade and a 're register or is it more complicated than That?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 12:31, josharb87 said:

Because then you need a tracked chipper (lots more £££) to save taking two vehicles, and its a right ball-ache when you can't get the chipper and the chip on the trailer and you have to make a return trip just for the chipper. Trust me, Ive a double cab hilux, towing a 12ft (8m3) trailer with a tracked chipper, more than a 3rd full of chip and theres no space for the chipper. 

A single cab 4x4 pickup with 4-5m3 chip capacity and standard 6" chipper would be better for a lot of small works, lighter rig to tow (less fuel) smaller rig etc. Even if you had to tip twice in a day, its still the same km driven as my setup. 

 

They've got their place in the market imo

id agree with all that josh:thumbup1:

its all down to how often you need to go off road with a chip truck, round our way its all the time so a landrover 130 tipper works well, any bigger chip box and id say your talking mog or tractor n trailer. every ones set up varies a lot according to type of work and type of site plus size of team etc, what will work for some wont for others not so much a case of right or wrong .

carl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2017 at 22:44, Coletti said:

 


What's involved in updating a dmax to 3.5t, is it as simply as an air suspension upgrade and a 're register or is it more complicated than That?

 

Lots and not a lot.  In terms of buying and fitting a kit, it takes about 3 hours to fit a set (However that is us as a manufacturer with the vehicle already stripped down and just before the new sub frame gets craned on).  As far as i understand it, because the uprating changes the GVW you have to re-register it with DVLA.  With our process on making these changes to brand new, unregistered vehicles and because we have achieved NSS Type approval for it and have manufacturers approval we don't have any issues.  However, not all manufacturers will allow an uprating so you will have to be careful on which you choose to do.  If you'd like any further info please call our office on 01536 529876.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.