M tronic

Hams25

Hi chaps iv decided to buy either the 441 or 461

661 is too big. Iv got a small 181 for fire wood I want a big saw for milling. Is the m tronic worth the hype or am I better of with the 461 without all the electronics. Iv been advised buy the people I deal with that the m tronic saws cannot be played with or adjusted without a computer 

The bad bit about Mtronic is lack of idle adjustment so if the saw gets a bit of wear and the idle falls off, you can't adjust it. The good bit is the fact they constantly react to the changing conditions and usage plus they do offer a bit of protection if the saw develops an air leak.

Maintaining the autotune saws can be more hit and miss as you don't have the luxury of screws to fiddle with.

The 461 is a decent machine, similar to the 661 inside.

• Like 1

The 441/461 isn't really a milling saw unless you only intend to mill 12" softwood.
661 is so much more powerful when milling.
Both saws will work on a mill but the wear on components will be harsh on bigger wood.
What do you intend milling?
Hardwood/softwood, what diameter do you want to go up to?
If it's just the odd tree once a year maybe a 461, but if you intend to mill a lot get a saw which will cope.
Mtronic milling is fine, just remember to clean the air filter regularly.

I will mill anything I can get my hands on lol the reason I discount the 661 is it kind of a experience 1 trick pony. It awesome for milling but that's all it good for as a 30inch bar is about the smallest it will run ( aparently ) so i was looking for an all rounder. Like I said iv got a 181 for firewood and carving. I just wanted a big saw to cross cut decent logs may the odd windfall and to mill it up 30in bars are over kill for most of what I do to honest