Resi on Council house Oak

sean

Ganoderma Resinaceum on 4mtr ish circumference urban Oak in a small front garden directly opposite a school entrance. Looks to have been heavily reduced approx 7 years ago I'd say looking at the diameter of the regrowth. I'm presuming this could have possibly been in response to previous fruiting bodies. Knocked on the door to speak with resident but nobody there but then spoke with neighbour who informed me that the resident is a council tenant, the tree tpo'd which I had expected and her husband has been in contact with council regarding light issues. Given the extent of fruitatiion I can only guess their is substantial decay within the tree. Given this ia a Council house I'm presuming that liability and responsibility lies with them but am I right in thinking that some council tenants are contractually obligated to maintain their trees? If this is the case, what if they are on benefits or just skint? Anyway I will be calling the Council to make them aware of this tree.

DSC_6467.jpg

DSC_6470.jpg

DSC_6472.jpg

DSC_6479.jpg

DSC_6481.jpg

Edited by sean
spelling

9 minutes ago, David Humphries said:

Pretty significant fruiting there Sean.

if you find out anymore regarding the management history (if you get through to the council) could you try and find out whether there was any decay mapping undertaken?

Hi David, heard from one of the tree officers who thinks it had picus and heavy reduction some years ago. Will try and speak with him next week when back from leave. There is substantial large   regrowth so id say it was a minimum of 5   years ago so possibly due a re inspection given its location and volumes of fruiting bodies?

Edited by sean

3 minutes ago, David Humphries said:

Canopy reduction looks to be a minimum if it's staying

Yes id say for sure. Need to look on some old maps to see what was there before the housing was built. Its a fine tree and the photos do not do it justice at all. I can't actually believe they built those houses with the tree in the front garden. really glad they did though!

3 minutes ago, David Humphries said: