Jensen dealer backup

Yorks Dalesman

Evening all, since Redwood's no longer deal in new Jensen sales what is the backup like from the other dealers ? Always run Jensens and found redwood second to none in back up. Need a new chipper and would like to stick with Jensen but have no experience of the other dealers in terms of speed of resloving issues and getting a fitter to site if needed. Cheers

Redwood now sell Forst as I'm sure your aware.

We like you had an excellent experience with Redwood with a tracked Jenson 540 purchased from them, so when it came take to upgrade we stuck with them and brought 2 Forst TR8's.

So far they have been great and any problems have been promptly dealt with.
I don't see that there is not much difference between the Jenson and Forst machine, not sure how Redwood managed it to be honest, and the small differences are generally improvements.

Long winded way of saying if you were happy with Redwood why not stick with them and buy a Forst?

Regards Neil

Really wish I could say the same for them, my st8 has been with them since 26 June that's now over 10 weeks for repair and new paint work and nearly every week I was promised it back and it never materialised back which is pathetic considering they were going to send 2 lads up to do the work and swap pannals at my yard in 1 day but decided since the stress control needed resetting it was better to do it at the factory. We were given a courtesy machine but had two breakdowns on that where we have lost time.
I have now decided to buy another brand and this week after being fobbed off again with we don't know when it will be ready and so loosing a private sale of the machine as the lad wanted a machine ASAP I asked if redwood wanted to make me a offer on the machine to be basically told no we don't want it.

So if you're interested in a 2 year old st8 with around 400hrs on it that's had a full factory rebuild so apparently will be like a brand new machine but at a decent discount keep your eyes on arbtrader as WHEN it comes back I'll be putting it on there or give me a call.

Sent from my F8331 using Arbtalk mobile app

I think it was Ray who said no to buying the machine off me yesterday. Real pain in the arse as new chipper comes today and forst should have been sold last week to release funds but now got to go through the advertising and tyre kicking rigmarole.
I seem to get the impression that we have a north south division in service quality and a quality directly related to quantity, if you have multiple machines and are likely to want more you receive A* if your a smaller 1 machine owner operator who is likely to get 1 machine ever 4-5 years your out of luck
What gets me boiling is its a real good machine to use with plenty of throughput and ability just with some fundamental flaws.

I should also add it took nearly a year and quite a lot of chasing for them to actually get round to collecting the machine to sort out the bodywork and it was finally another problem which pushed it into a reaction.

3 year warranty means the machine should be free from manufacturers defects for 3 years not we will fix it for 3years for you then your on your own!

Sent from my F8331 using Arbtalk mobile app

Alan Oldfield at Beaver Plant in Stamford Bridge is the 'go-to' chap for Jensen I would think. He is having an open day tomorrow to show what he has for sale - he is even got the GreenMech chap to come up and support his fleet of GreenMech SafeTracs too.

Gray Git - that 's pretty sh1te and I'm suprised with that as all of my dealings with Redwood have been positive over the years. Heard a  mixed bag of reports on the Forst's but considered that Redwood support would cover any issues during the warranty period . I demo'd one of the very first machines they made (an ST6) ,  as they brought it up to me instead of a Jensen! . I bought a Jensen instead as I needed a lightweight machine for my fleet at that time due to the younger drivers. I have to say out of all my Jensens this last one (750 Contrator) has been very poor in terms of the build quality. Paint and panelling leave a lot to be desired, snapped axle, cracked welding etc. etc.....but at least you know you have it on the back of truck due to all the knocking and banging it makes going down the road!

I was impressed by the throughput of material on the Forst ST8 's we have hired for clearance jobs but to my mind they almost seem too hungry and aggessive ? might be wrong here but I had formed the opinion that the components would not be able to withstand that intensity of chipping over the longer term. That said , I suppose if you can afford the cycle of replacement you just chuck  it in at the end of its' 3 year warranty and start again . Again, I thought the paint job and panels could be better finished on the Forst.

What make have you gone for this time?

My st8 was a good machine with no real quality issues but t there are some fundamental design flaws like the bottom hydraulic motor mount and bearing , the back up I received was second to none so I can't complain from that point of view , after letting me down twice in 2 months at only 250hrs I thought it was time to go as I didn't want to run it out of warranty, got a 12" Bandit and never looked back.