Sena headset on Petzl lid

Joe Newton

A quick work of warning. I know a few manufactures have expressed concern about people altering the ear muffs to fit this type of headset. They say it will alter the specs and therefore invalidate any warranty and they wont be fit for purpose. Might me OK for yourself but if you do it for an employee and down the line they speak to an ambulance chaser (I have had plenty of phone calls asking if I have suffered hearing damage by these blood suckers)  I would say the chances of being sued are fairly good.

Your right and there is no getting away from the fact that your making a modification to the ear muffs, all be it a tiny hole which gets fairly well sealed up if you wrap tape around the wire.
I've had manufactures/dealers tell me the same thing and that as soon as you put a sticker on a helmet or a ear muff you have voided your warranty.
I take the view that using technology like SENAs make our work environment so much safer and means we keep their ear muffs on more as we want to hear our colleagues, therefore reducing our exposure to noise during the day.

But I'm a big fan of SENAs so I would say that!

Just a different opinion, don't know who's right.

Regards Neil

10 minutes ago, beechwood said:

Your right and there is no getting away from the fact that your making a modification to the ear muffs, all be it a tiny hole which gets fairly well sealed up if you wrap tape around the wire.
I've had manufactures/dealers tell me the same thing and that as soon as you put a sticker on a helmet or a ear muff you have voided your warranty.
I take the view that using technology like SENAs make our work environment so much safer and means we keep their ear muffs on more as we want to hear our colleagues, therefore reducing our exposure to noise during the day.

But I'm a big fan of SENAs so I would say that!

Just a different opinion, don't know who's right.

Regards Neil

I think in a court of law I think we know who would be right. In reality as long as it is fitted and sealed correctly im sure the difference in noise levels would probably  be the same but you know how it is. Cant blame the manufactures as they cant say its OK to modify PPE, plus no doubt someone will just chop a big hole in the side of the ear muff and poke the wires throughxD

I know quite a few people who say once you have used an intercom you wont want to work without one, I have worked with a few lads were im glad to clamp the ear muffs down and not have to listen to them until break time! Having them wittering on in my ear all day would cause the odd stog to go rogue.:)

• Like 2

Joe you're a cheeky little f@@ker

I have worked with a few lads were im glad to clamp the ear muffs down and not have to listen to them until break time! Having them wittering on in my ear all day would cause the odd stog to go rogue.[emoji4]

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I think in a court of law I think we know who would be right. In reality as long as it is fitted and sealed correctly im sure the difference in noise levels would probably  be the same but you know how it is. Cant blame the manufactures as they cant say its OK to modify PPE, plus no doubt someone will just chop a big hole in the side of the ear muff and poke the wires through[emoji23]

I know quite a few people who say once you have used an intercom you wont want to work without one, I have worked with a few lads were im glad to clamp the ear muffs down and not have to listen to them until break time! Having them wittering on in my ear all day would cause the odd stog to go rogue.[emoji4]

Nothing as satisfying as just starting a chainsaw mid conversation

Sent from my SM-G390F using Arbtalk mobile app