Sena headset on Petzl lid

Joe Newton

Has anyone fixed a sena comms kit to a vertex lid? Looking at getting one, but I don't like the idea of wires trailing behind the ear defenders.

Ideally I'd have the wires exiting the helmet from inside above the ear defenders before going into the ear defenders, so that it'll be tidy when I clip the ear defender up on top of the helmet, rather than having the wire coming out from underneath the helmet up to the ear defender.

It'd be pretty expense to snag a wire so it needs to be kept neat.

Any advice welcome.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

It depends on what SENA your going to get.
We have stop selling SENAs but we did a tidy installation of a 10R on a Vertex Vent for the arb show. There is a video on our Instagram page 'beechwoodtreecare' which was posted on 11th May. Have a look. It's the best way we came up with installing them and keep the wires away from potential damage.
Regards Neil

Has anyone fixed a sena comms kit to a vertex lid? Looking at getting one, but I don't like the idea of wires trailing behind the ear defenders.

Ideally I'd have the wires exiting the helmet from inside above the ear defenders before going into the ear defenders, so that it'll be tidy when I clip the ear defender up on top of the helmet, rather than having the wire coming out from underneath the helmet up to the ear defender.

It'd be pretty expense to snag a wire so it needs to be kept neat.

Any advice welcome.

151411949725a6e0f3c20bd95743d703.jpg1db88f8f2fdc24f4eea3df8e180caef0.jpgc5d05d95bce5ed1948031ffec93e8772.jpg968e8a2d447d617b5c0f172d2439b593.jpg that's how I did mine joe

What SENA have you brought?

Don is right about protecting the wire where it goes into the ear muff.
I found some more photos that might help you.

The below photos show installation into Protos ear muffs but the principle in same for other ear muffs, also show speaker lead for 10R. As you rightly said the speaker wires for 10R do disconnect which allows you to route the wire out of the vents on the Vertex Vent.
I prefer to put speaker behind the foam as it's held in place better and does sit against your ear.

3fc3839459220c57473f86908f226bad.jpgbed87f6478af2f1050ad9568c36c5979.jpgbc0dbd7ca2e6f9ec1466cd14df536379.jpg

These photos show a good place to mount your microphone on a Vertex Vent, it allows you to tuck it away when your not doing real noisy stuff but the cable tie holds it really securely.

3619ecaad4e8b277dbd5a9d1e237ffef.jpgc1603900349f6b1549c0f3dd5c6e6293.jpgbeb651e4ff18ed8b09943aacbcf52e48.jpg102de7cb7ca937e5e38a187568bf2bc5.jpg

Hope this helps and you find SENAs change the way work for the better.

Regards Neil

What SENA have you brought?

Don is right about protecting the wire where it goes into the ear muff.
I found some more photos that might help you.

The below photos show installation into Protos ear muffs but the principle in same for other ear muffs, also show speaker lead for 10R. As you rightly said the speaker wires for 10R do disconnect which allows you to route the wire out of the vents on the Vertex Vent.
I prefer to put speaker behind the foam as it's held in place better and does sit against your ear.

3fc3839459220c57473f86908f226bad.jpgbed87f6478af2f1050ad9568c36c5979.jpgbc0dbd7ca2e6f9ec1466cd14df536379.jpg

These photos show a good place to mount your microphone on a Vertex Vent, it allows you to tuck it away when your not doing real noisy stuff but the cable tie holds it really securely.

3619ecaad4e8b277dbd5a9d1e237ffef.jpgc1603900349f6b1549c0f3dd5c6e6293.jpgbeb651e4ff18ed8b09943aacbcf52e48.jpg102de7cb7ca937e5e38a187568bf2bc5.jpg

Hope this helps and you find SENAs change the way work for the better.

Regards Neil

Cheers mate, that's proper helpful.

The model is the SMH10R-D on Honeys, which should be the same as the one you used really. The wiring diagram doesn't show any splits in the ear pieces though.

1edaff557ebb6917abc5705ec1de014a.jpg

If they don't split I could use my Alveo with the larger vents and hopefully pass the earpieces through from the inside.

They are the old units, the control unit is black not grey.
Still pretty good unit but the speaker wires don't split up into individual units, the thickness of the wires is thinner, it works on a older version of Bluetooth and it doesn't work with the SENA app.
If you haven't already brought them go on amazon and get 10R not the SMH10R. It's all a bit confusing and I don't why SENA didn't just give the new product a new name.
Top tip is to spend a while figuring out how to take your Vertex Vent apart as the more bits are out of the the easy it is the fit the SENA neatly.
Any way good luck with the fitting and post a pic of your finished results.

They are the old units, the control unit is black not grey.
Still pretty good unit but the speaker wires don't split up into individual units, the thickness of the wires is thinner, it works on a older version of Bluetooth and it doesn't work with the SENA app.
If you haven't already brought them go on amazon and get 10R not the SMH10R. It's all a bit confusing and I don't why SENA didn't just give the new product a new name.
Top tip is to spend a while figuring out how to take your Vertex Vent apart as the more bits are out of the the easy it is the fit the SENA neatly.
Any way good luck with the fitting and post a pic of your finished results.

Cracking advice mate, had no idea that model is outdated.

For a pair of the 10r on Amazon for similar price so ill go for them, plus the earpieces are detachable for better fitting and cheaper replacement if I snag a wire.

Cheers bud, I owe you a beer at the next show if I bump into you.

Cracking advice mate, had no idea that model is outdated.

For a pair of the 10r on Amazon for similar price so ill go for them, plus the earpieces are detachable for better fitting and cheaper replacement if I snag a wire.

Cheers bud, I owe you a beer at the next show if I bump into you.

What price a pair are they ?