Wheelie bin log deliveries

simsimo

Builders bag is 0.56m3.

Wheelie bins already have the cubic capacity stamped on the side.  For trading standard purposes this is perfect.  If you want to be more precise in log numbers you get between 90-100 logs in a wheelie bin tightly packed.
1m3 vented log bag is approx 360-400 logs, theybstretch the more you use them so become inaccurate and cost you more, I wouldn't recommend useing them more than twice.   Builders bag 240-260 logs.
My logs were 8" long ( width of the saw ) and approx 5" diameter at widest point, an ugly brick is how I would describe them to mow public with no log experience.
  4 wheelie bins is just under 1m3.
I used to deliver mine with my tail lift Luton, 12 in the back max.
  This is easily done with a ramped plant trailer and some what easier for replacing empty bins at the back.
  I used to leave the bins with the customer, always planned on  putting a line approx 1/3 from the bottom the writing saying, Text for top up with my number, customer already has your bank details, money goes in, logs get delivered.
  I was £30 per bin or 4 for £100.
  Bins can easily be sourced from the council, damaged ones are easily fixed, steam cleaned and made to look pretty.
  They are easily moved, will fit in almost every garden and are part of people's lives, no stacking or handling except for straight to the fire. 

Bullshit the m3 Stevie for a builders bag.
They come in loads of sizes.

Builders bags I've seen around here are 90x90x90 so 0.729cubic meters although the ones I filled for a customer took more like 0.9 because they stretched.

There's probably other sizes used but this is online so I'm right and you're all wrong. ;)

Does it matter what the volume of the bag is?
Are the logs thrown in or stacked? Either way, they are a much lower cubic volume than the bag or bin.

Not sure that'll be enough to start an argument mark, but at least I'm making an effort!

I'm on your side Stevie, don't get me wrong.
You are honest about what you're selling, many aren't.
Bulk (builders) bags come in many sizes.
The bullshit comment was aimed at you saying they are .56m3, which is clearly bullshit if you think all bags are this size.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 06:37, simsimo said:

I'm going to be selling a few logs this year and plan to deliver them by the wheelie bin load for ease of tapering them directly to people's logs stores etc.

I'm just trying to work out how many 240lt bins would fill a standard builders bag.

Obviously the long way to do it would be to fill bins and then empty into bags to see how many fit in there but I'm just hoping that one of you may already know the answer.

Cheers

hi i have sold logs in wheelie bins since 2006 works well .

On 26/08/2017 at 23:41, Mark Bolam said:

I'm on your side Stevie, don't get me wrong.
You are honest about what you're selling, many aren't.
Bulk (builders) bags come in many sizes.
The bullshit comment was aimed at you saying they are .56m3, which is clearly bullshit if you think all bags are this size.

I never implied all bags were the same, I've only ever seen 1 size of builders bag though.

0.56m3 is the volume of loose timber in a builders bag that holds 1m3 of say sand.

as for buying alcohol. A pints a pints and measures are clearly labelled on the optics.