Greenmech Arb 150p

tim361

Before I sign the papers on a new 130, the greenmech dealer is doing the arb 150 with a 37hp B&S vanguard petrol engine for £1000 more. I'm just wondering if I spend the extra now and get the larger machine? It lists the throughput as 3.5 tons per hour, where as the 130 is listed at 3 tons per hour.

cheers all

My local dealer is doing the 130 for £10995 + VAT and the 150 is £11950 + VAT. 

Thats my thinking, if I'm spending that much money I might as well spend another £1k + VAT to get the bigger machine. Only downside is the 130 is in stock and the 150 will be in towards the end of September. 

18 hours ago, tim361 said:

The 150 is a 37hp petrol Briggs and Stratton air cooled engine, can process 3.5 tons per hour. The 130 is a 23hp Honda engine that can process 3 tons per hour. Both under 750kg, and with exception to the engines they're pretty similar

I'm a big fan of the GM130 with it's petrol 23hp V twin.

I regularly use one belonging to a mate in the West of Brittany.

It's productive enough when keeping wood for fuel and it's size only tells on long conifer jobs.

For the extra 15hp I would have thought the 150p would have been able to process more than half a ton extra per hour though.

I've also used the TW125 on several occasions and can see why it has such a following.

I'd also be tempted with a TW160 which has a fine looking spec but for the lack of brakes.

Ty

That the only thing I'm thinking. That for more than half as much HP again it will only produce get through another half a ton of waste. The dealer has said he's sold a lot of 130's to people in my situation and no body has even complained about its lack of ability. 

I did look at the 160, but the nearest dealer being bloody miles away put it out of the question for me. 

We had a 130 on hire with the 23hp engine, really decent chipper. I would suggest its for an entry level company. 

We demo'd the forst st6p with the 37hp BS engine and i was really impressed with its power, fuel injected and  uses no more fuel than the diesel?.

If it was a choice of the 23hp honda or the 37hp fuel injected BS, no question the BS..

• Like 1