Courant Koala v Skylotec Kolibri Click v Treemotion

Thomc

Sorry, this has probably been done a few times!

There's a ton of info/opinion going around about the Treemotion and a wee bit about the Kolibri but I wonder if anyone has much experience with the Courant?

I need a new harness! My Treeaustria 3.1 is dead. I live in Northern Ireland so it's unlikely that I'll get a chance to try before I buy so any info is welcome! 

Thanks all.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I have a koala harness. I got it in June after doing climbing course with Red Stag Woodbridge so the only other harness I had used before was a Sequoia.

Shopping for it was Koala vs Treemotion and the Koala had better colours and a funkier name.

I am about 12 stone average build 5’8” healthy BMI

I should note I am only climbing for fun on a blakes system and prussik so don’t have catapults, throw line, pulleys etc. and it’s also low use kit like once every 2 weeks.

I like the harness it hasn’t been a worry as yet when climbing. Attachment points easy to reach, holds well, stops fall if missed footing. It feels most comfortable when you are tied into a couple of anchors and moving about the crown or branch walking

The only negatives I have found are when if you’re suspended in it and leaning out to make a throw it can get uncomfortable above the hips by the time you have missed your chosen anchor point a couple of times. Also the padding Courant have put around the waist can become annoying it seems to imprint itself into skin above hips rather than providing cushioning. The padding rubbing can give blisters if your shirt rides up. But hopefully as it gets broken in more it will be better and I will get more efficient in it.

IMG0005A.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'd stick to the tree Austria, I'll be going back to it. Constantly needs adjusting as it slips all the time. Been climbing pretty much every day on it for 6months now.
Actually replaced the bridge with a tree Austria one.
Every harness is different for every person just a case of finding the one that suits you sir.

• 6 months later...

My treeflex harness is seven years old , for the most part it's been good.

but now i need something different , i won't be buying another treeflex because of the bridge set-up ( biggest let down in my opinion.)

i'll probably buy a treemotion , or is there any contenders which deserve a trail.

thanks for any feedback