ArbPro Software

John Shutler

Hi,

So, I have been trialling Jobber and Powered Now for the last couple of weeks but before I give any feedback, I thought I should let you know about some info from Arbpro that may be of interest to someone. 

We emailed this week to say how disappointed we were and wondered if there was anything we could do to keep them open. Mark came back and said they are currently looking for investors. They need £40k and currently have been offered £15k of that. They still need investors and are selling off shares so they can remain open. This all has to be done ASAP as they are tied to the deadline they previously sent in the closing down email. 

If Arbpro manages to remain open, I will 100% remain with them as since trialling, I have failed to find anything that comes really close in doing all the amazing things they do. However, if they close, I think the next best software would be Jobber.

I've listed some of the pros and cons for both below, these are just my personal view, i'm sure some people might not worry about certain things. But thought it might be helpful to those struggling to find something that will work for their business, should Arbpro close its doors.

Powered Now pros:
App shows all the same items as desktop
Customer service and training exceptional and always available (Graham was great spent nearly an hour on the phone training and happy to offer more)
Great for regular repeat customers
CIS capable
Price much cheaper than any other company including Arbpro (£34 for 2 pro users)

Cons:
Not the most user friendly for flow (enquiry -> quote -> booking in -> job sheet -> invoice)
Not very easy from iPhone when out in the field or quoting
Quote and invoice templates - cannot attach header/footer, only logo
Emails with quotes and invoices send a link (as well as PDF) and looks a bit like a scam email
Pictures (taken at quote stage) appear on quotes and invoices and cannot be removed. Personally this is a con for me but may be a Pro for some.
No tool list
Cannot put Tree name or T1 etc. as you can in Arb pro.
Tailored to gardeners with regular clients (weekly/monthly visits)

Jobbers Pro:
Extremely user friendly
Training videos online are easy to follow as well as the training team. Had a half hour call with Joel and booked to do morfe 
Flow (enquiry -> quote -> booking in -> job sheet -> invoice) is easy to do in the office as well as out on the field 
Dsahboard gives you a very quick view of whats outstanding and reminders in calendar ensure you cant forget an invoice or follow up on quote
QuickBooks compatible 
Payment intergration (paypal/square)

Jobber Cons:
Based in America so can only call from 2.30pm (7.30am their time)
Price $116 (incl 3 x extra pro users @ $9) total £ 88.17 / m [emoji20]
Quotes look a lot like invoices (or arbpro schedule) and no letter - you can however attached a document to be sent with every quote but it would have to be non client specific
CIS not compatible 

Sorry for the lengthy essay! Hope this helps at least one of you in some way. Be interested to hear others feedback.

Cheers,
Sophie

Great post Sophie

Have you looked at the American software, there are lots but I remember 'Arborgold' as being the stand out ones when we looked.

Pure speculation but sounds like someone has pulled the plug on Arbpro's financing.
Shame Mark seems like a nice bloke.
Maybe if the users want to keep it they will need to buy shares.
Not sure I would do it if it was me.

Regards Neil
  • Like 1

Hi all.

ive had a look at the Arborgold software website. It looks impressive stuff. There are 4 different price plans you can choose from, I would think that the cheapest lacks enough features for my business. The second one seemed to have a lot of the features I'd require, this was $99 (£75ish). It jumps up to 

£112 then £134. This is a lot more than I'd like to pay. The system has a cad type feature that is , imo more suited to landscape designers. Wether this bumps the cost up, I'm not sure or wether this is the cost of this type of system and hence why Arbpro is shutting down. I'm still not sure of the way ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
I have literally made no headway at all into a replacement management program, has anyone else made a decision? Currently I'm swaying towards Xero. I wonder if Mark would let me buy Arbpro? hmmm.

Xero is great, been on it 4 years, v simple to use but it’s an accounting program not and office type program

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All 

I clarify that Arb Pro is not shutting down and the bumpy period we experienced a year and half ago, is well and truly in the past. We have been running for 11 years now and the product is well field tested... The business issues we experienced was related to running the business in partnership and one partner wanting something different to the other.. I (Mark Hines) am now the sole Director or Arb pro Software and have no intention of closing down...

As well as the desktop version for office use, we have two mobile apps, Arb Quotes (Used to quote for work) and Arb work (Used by Tree teams undertaking work). Development is still ongoing with regular updates and improvements. 

If anyone would like to discuss the software please do not hesitate to call me on 02380 847286 ...

Thanks all that have contributed to this post  ...

Mark Hines

Director Arb Pro Software Ltd  

• Like 1