Sit on rough mowers...

SteveA

I've been toying with getting a used sit-on rough mower for mulching the edges of our woodland and mowing woodland rides.

The Etesia Attila range seems to get good reviews but one of the belts has been discontinued.... 

Does anyone know which models to avoid?... obviously don't want to buy something used and then find out I can't get spare parts! eg.... the variator belt (whatever that does?) is no longer available;

http://www.revillmowers.co.uk/27240

cheers, steve

Edited by SteveA

7 minutes ago, IVECOKID said:

Don't bother with a ride on ....get yourself a Compact tractor and a flail mower  ...Tractor will be more useful for other jobs .

Ste

I had considered that but they ain't cheap, also I would rather buy a big tractor than a compact as the attachments can be found cheaper & more readily available.

I'm looking to mow some tight spaces as well so a small sit on rough mower would work well for that.

cheers, Steve

2 hours ago, slack ma girdle said:

There have been some good tractors on Pembrokeshire small holder and farmers Facebook page that would suit you Stevie boy. Will be much cheaper to run.
Go on you know you want join the clapped out rusty tractor club.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Arbtalk mobile app

Will get one in loose condition, like yours, one day, I'm sure!... meanwhile we have quite a lot of small areas to deal with that need something much smaller.

Do you know of anyone that hires out decent small flail machines around these parts?... I may do that if nothing suitable turns up.

Will get one in loose condition, like yours, one day, I'm sure!... meanwhile we have quite a lot of small areas to deal with that need something much smaller.

Do you know of anyone that hires out decent small flail machines around these parts?... I may do that if nothing suitable turns up.

You can have me..........[emoji7]
With a 25 horse power kabota tractor and flail which will ablitorate brambles and small woody material. Small enough to get between trees and four wheel drive.

16 minutes ago, slack ma girdle said:

You can have me..........emoji7.png
With a 25 horse power kabota tractor and flail which will ablitorate brambles and small woody material. Small enough to get between trees and four wheel drive.

Cor that is good to know. Can you plop me a PM or text with your day rate for doing that..... I think we need to go around the whole perimeter of the woods (for Glastir) but not sure on how far back (need to look at the contract).

Chocolate croissants are off the menu at the moment until the new Lidl superstore is built.

Cheers, Steve

2 hours ago, fen01 said:

I've got an Etisia AX98 4WD mower it's really good and gets into really tight places where you'd never get a tractor. Highly recommend them. Definitely not a replacement for a tractor, but compliments one well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

Do you mean an AV98? Can I borrow it?!