Wording it correctly

eggsarascal

I've got quite a big job coming off where there is a lot of electrickery invovoled, it's been agreed verbally. This is at a Guest House, so no room for error.

I've got a company to come in to do the electrical work for me. I could do it but I don't have the tickets to sign it off.

should I just put on the written quote that a third party is sorting out the electrics, or should I name them on the quote ?

Basically I'm trying to distance myself from any of the electrical work. Am I pi55ing in the wind or is this possible, remembering I will be the main contractor.

Can you not cover this in terms and conditions? As in third party contractors may be used on a bonafide contractor basis and will therefore be totally responsible for their work.  As long as all three parties have a written understanding/contract surely that would cover it. I'd think you then don't appear to be palming off responsibility but come across as a capable project manager. 

I've got quite a big job coming off where there is a lot of electrickery invovoled, it's been agreed verbally. This is at a Guest House, so no room for error.
I've got a company to come in to do the electrical work for me. I could do it but I don't have the tickets to sign it off.

should I just put on the written quote that a third party is sorting out the electrics, or should I name them on the quote ?

Basically I'm trying to distance myself from any of the electrical work. Am I pi55ing in the wind or is this possible, remembering I will be the main contractor.

Mention it in the method statement

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

If you are pricing the whole job you are responsible for the non-performance of any subcontractor .In law there is privity of  contract, this means that the client has a contract with you and not the subcontractor the only way to remove this risk is to have the client split the work into two contracts and have it priced accordingly.

Clauses in method statements or term & conditions will not absolve you of any non-performance.

Edited by Stock
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mull said:

If you want to be "main contractor" you have to accept the sh1te! 

Why bother? 

Let the sparkie do his own thing and don't lose sleep over being the "main man"!

You are right, for once.......

Greed was getting the better of me, I could have earned more money by putting 'a bit' on top of the sparkys bill.

its been agreed that I will do the ground work, install pipework, sump, and put pumps in place and the sparky will do his bit after.

thanks for the replies folks.

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

You are right, for once.......

Greed was getting the better of me, I could have earned more money by putting 'a bit' on top of the sparkys bill.

its been agreed that I will do the ground work, install pipework, sump, and put pumps in place and the sparky will do his bit after.

thanks for the replies folks.

What do you mean "for once"??????????