Have you tried our Rotatech chainsaw chains?

35 minutes ago, scbk said:

The rotatech chains seem ok but one set I ordered took about 3 weeks to come! Customer service seems a bit poor/slow

I was offered Some free testers as I was having some schliesing blades sharpened. Got them next day, liked them the then ordered 2 for each saw and got them next day too.

My experience for what it's worth.

Bar and chain arrived quick and cheap.

Cuts well and stays sharp longer than the Husky chain (550)

Have to say I was surprised to hear criticism (and even rudeness!) because the one I have is fine and even if it wasn't I wouldn't be rude about it.

I thought that they cut OK to start with but would not hold there edge very well, seemed to be for ever sharpening, also found the odd tooth on some chains really hard and the file struggled to sharpen them, and some were quite soft. Found the one on my mates climbing saw was very aggressive from the start, as if the raker teeth were to low. They are good for the price, similar to the Australian Archer chains I think. Overall think I will personally stick with the Oregon & Stihl for the time being. Good luck with it Northern Arb would be nice to have a bit of decent competition in the future

• 7 months later...

Tried one a year ago on my MS 460. It was rough as rats when new and the sharpening angles were poor and inconstant so gave up on them. Having since met a few guys who were happy enough with them thought I would give one a go on the processor. Again they were rough when new but after a hand sharpen they are now cutting very well. Only had it a short while but seems to hold it's edge longer than the Oregon I was using! Will try a few more loops before buying a whole roll for the processor. Also the one on my MS 460 was fine once it had been sharpened a few times.

Just seem poorly sharpened in the factory being overly aggressive and the depth stops set too low.

Hi, as said before some teeth are difficult to sharpen and some seem softer ? As for the service ordered 15 chains and a 20" 3/8 bar when delivered holes in bag, no bar and 4 chains missing wasn't there fault but may be packaging could be better to save the hasel  of having to ring and sort out, was sorted quickly and order made good cutting wise OK but just use them on domestic jobs now, so its back to Oregon for commercial cutting in the woods.