Game of Thrones - spoilers alert

Mick Dempsey

Disappointed with all the touchy feely bollocks about a new era of thoughtful democracy. I hope someone makes a sequel about six months into the future. Tyrion will have syphilis, the women will be back to being scared and pregnant and the blokes will have parked Bran on a beach at low tide and started a war.

• Haha 2

On 15/05/2019 at 06:57, donnk said:

2 top class bingeable series:

The Shield

The Wire

You might like Deadwood with Ian McShane. That IMO is one of the most understated and best series made for TV. Only 2 series. 

A few years ago a mate came over for curry and a few beers. I recommended it, so we watched a couple of eps. Got up at 8am and he had binged the whole of series 1 through the night. It's good. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Ending was shyte. As was most of season 8. Wow what a disappointment to an otherwise amazing series. 

Heard that the writers and the author disagreed so they sacked the author which'd make perfect sense as to why. 

My son read the book/books before the tv series . He is of the opinion that its becomes shyte once they ran out of book and had to start writing .

• Like 3

5 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

You might like Deadwood with Ian McShane. That IMO is one of the most understated and best series made for TV. Only 2 series. 

A few years ago a mate came over for curry and a few beers. I recommended it, so we watched a couple of eps. Got up at 8am and he had binged the whole of series 1 through the night. It's good. 

Deadwood was one of my favourite series.  Ian Mcshanes monologues are brilliant.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Swearengen

Got some good news for you bud...  they made a third season. ;)

There is also talks of a movies actually being made.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

Ending was shyte. As was most of season 8. Wow what a disappointment to an otherwise amazing series. 

Heard that the writers and the author disagreed so they sacked the author which'd make perfect sense as to why. 

Any possibility that the actors got greedy/too hard to pay?(while appreciating the money spinner the GoT franchise is)

I am waiting on a hard drive with the entire series thereon so will reserve judgement on Series 8, but what I liked about the random earlier episodes I watched, was the balance of the characters, no individually was wholly good or wholly bad(well mostly) or at least even the "heros" have flaws.