Game of Thrones - spoilers alert

Mick Dempsey

I've made a point of avoiding this thread as when it popped up, I had only just started watching from season 1 for the first time. Never been interested but the wife persuaded me and I got through 8 seasons in about 4 weeks. 

The downhill slide towards the end of season 8 was incredible, but actually the quality started to drop off gradually through seasons 7 and 8 I think.

The Hound is a legend. Wish he didn't have to die. Raging about the character destruction in the last 3 episodes of some great characters - Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains, Burner of Toast, Knitter of Jumpers being one of them.

But also having brought Jaime from being total kn**head to being quite likeable and a decent guy, he then became a total kn**head again at the end. Probably even more so. Tyrion became less likeable as well. The only one who got better was Sansa, but I liked her from the start really. 

Why did the series not end with the Night King battle? That was a proper ending. Everything after that felt like tying up loose ends that they had forgotten about. 

• Like 1

Did anyone else throw up in their mouth a little when jamie got it on with 'the big woman'?

Sansa, hated the whiney cow from day 1 and towards the end she got on my nerves even more. Hated seeing her on the throne at the end.

John, well his life just sucks

Danaerys, well she kinda had it coming

I'd like to see a follow up story on the unsullied...I mean its not like they can put their spears down and start a family.

Favourite characters.

1:The Hound (with Arya)

2: Tormond.

3:Little Finger

4: All the dire-wolves.

5: Ygritte, the ginger wildling, you just would, that’s all there is to it.

6:Cersie (walk of shame was epic tv)

7:Jamie Lannister, you’re right Steve, he’d never of shagged Brienne, no matter how pissed he was, though he did pull the old “it’s not you it’s me” line to get out of it.

8: Tyrion, should be higher up the list really.

9:Tywin, excellent bastardry from a great actor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Also the knight king really deserved a better death than a 14 year old girl appearing from mid air with a dragon glass chib...

Haw night king, you're gettin chibbed mate.

Arya was supposedly 17/18 at that point apparently...and she was a badass. I thought that was quite good. 

Would have been smashing if Bran had stood up out of his wheely chair and chibbed him himself though.

• Haha 1