Want to take card payments over the phone?

Justme

Do any of you take payments over the phone?

I have just signed up to this as its the only one I can find with no monthly fees.

If you sign up from this link you get the first £1000 of transactions fee free.

If phone payments you dont need any card reader just the phone app or PC dashboard.

https://squareup.com/i/TRAILERTRA/?s=fb&lang_code=en

9 hours ago, Gardenscape said:

Why take card payments when most people these days do online banking or pay cash.

Some want to pay on credit. Its just options. I take cash, bank transfer, paypal, card in person and now cards on the phone.

13 hours ago, skyhuck said:

Do you not take cheques?

I do but prefer not to as they can be recalled up to about 6 months after being paid.

Took one on Sat last week. However its from a trusted source.

Edited by Justme

17 hours ago, Justme said:

I do but prefer not to as they can be recalled up to about 6 months after being paid.

Took one on Sat last week. However its from a trusted source.

Well yes they can, but does it ever happen?

Not happened to me in 20+ years of trading.

What happens if your payed with a stollen card or someone claims they did not authorise the card payment?

Selling firewood, we're 60% cheques, 35 cash and the rest bank transfers. I think we've only ever twice been asked if we take card.

I guess the cost and signal issues with card readers meant it never caught on in our area. 

5 hours ago, skyhuck said:

Well yes they can, but does it ever happen?

Not happened to me in 20+ years of trading.

What happens if your payed with a stollen card or someone claims they did not authorise the card payment?

My customers have to also supply their registered postcode to allow payment plus I need their driving licence numbers to allocate the driving test to them. The system would not accept a false number. I would see a wrong name, re card, licence, FB account, email etc etc. So would be hard to say they dint auth it when I have their other details.