Quoting using a drone?

Mike Hill

On the last few large site clearance jobs I have been using a hand help GPS to mark the areas which will take the longest and those that will take the least amount of time.Then putting the co-ordinates on the Picture from Google Maps.

I was wondering if anyone has experiance using a drone on large sites?Especially a Drone that can relay its position via GPS.

The ability to fly over a site,instead of trudging around it would save alot of time on quotes. 

I like the sound of this Mike , not so sure about the gps side of things but with a running commentary would make explaining the jobs to the guys prior to leaving the yard a lot easier.

A friend of mine has been messing with them and pieced one together. He has about £700 tied up in this one complete with camera , it has about half an hour flying time.

A bit of messing about

Mike I was working at a restaurant in Oslo.

the owner of the firm had a drone and was stood on a balcony with the vatmeister as we were working down in the woods.

he didn't use a gps option but it defintely helped to explain to the customer exactly which trees we were takIng out and which would be left.

i might as we were working down in a  valley taking out the maturest trees  hence the drone makin it easier.

Had a quick chat to my mate that made that small vid and he said that there is a flight recorder that is gps linked so positioning coordinates are linked to the rolling vid which can be downloaded. He does not know about the commercial use or associated costs but for your own use its free.He will be down next week to give me  demo so will make notes, he mentioned a drone that has all the bells and whistles that is available for £600 all in ready to fly inc the camera.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb