Log sales

richardwale

On 8/4/2017 at 14:23, Tanat Valley Firewood said:

I liver in a Toyota van, sometimes I can get £350 in it so travelling a distance is worthwhile.

How do you get on weight wise ? i have thought about these for doing the kindling net deliveries but i think for the mean time i will have to stick with the trailer, do you load in bags or just loose ? cheers

Hello Bustergasket. I sell kindling, log nets and barrow bags in the van. The payload of the van is 1400 kg, so fine for the kindling which is 4kg as I can get 125 in the van and another 125 in the trailer. The barrow bags are 70kg and I can get 10 on, so only half of the permitted weight. The log nets are 12Kg and I can get 100 on the van, so again within the limit. I bought a mini crane scale on eBay for £19 which will weigh up to 300kg. I have a small crane for the tractor which lifts the barrow bags and we can weigh them using this scale. I put the average weights on my invoices which shows a level of accuracy not usually found in log sales and gives me confidence when I am pulled over by VOSA for an inspection. If you know what you are selling you can ask for the right price, if you don't know what you are selling then you may be giving it away or fall foul of trading standards and VOSA. Good luck and stay safe and legal.  Raise your game and others will follow.

Edited by Tanat Valley Firewood