new website question

woodland dweller

A'm i doing something wrong ? On the old site everyday during  breakfast i would check out today's posts which where set out with easy

to see titles, i would hover over the title and it would tell me what it was about. If it looked interesting i would open it and follow the topic.

With 1 click i'm reading the post.

Now i have to go to " my activity streams " then to " today's posts " then " condensed ". Then scroll through the posts. I can't find out what

the posts are about before opening and lots of the post are "so and so has replied to so and so's topic".

I can see the need to keep updating a web site to keep up with mobile devices etc, but what was once enjoyable has now turned into frustration !

I'm getting the hang of the rest except for this !

It's rubbish until you get the suss of it, it's only taken me until today to sort it with lots of help from different members. WesD gave me an hour or so, maybe more, of his time to get me sorted last night which was a great help.

Once you do sort it it's a lot better than the old site.

• Like 1

Is there a way of turning off specific threads so that they don't show up under the 'Todays posts' ?

eg, I have no interest in seeing the Todays news thread, which is very popular for some.... but not for me.

cheers, steve

18 hours ago, woodland dweller said:

A'm i doing something wrong ? On the old site everyday during  breakfast i would check out today's posts which where set out with easy

to see titles, i would hover over the title and it would tell me what it was about. If it looked interesting i would open it and follow the topic.

With 1 click i'm reading the post.

Now i have to go to " my activity streams " then to " today's posts " then " condensed ". Then scroll through the posts. I can't find out what

the posts are about before opening and lots of the post are "so and so has replied to so and so's topic".

I can see the need to keep updating a web site to keep up with mobile devices etc, but what was once enjoyable has now turned into frustration !

I'm getting the hang of the rest except for this !

https://arbtalk.co.uk/discover/

is what I'm using for latest posts, works fine

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

Is there a way of turning off specific threads so that they don't show up under the 'Todays posts' ?

eg, I have no interest in seeing the Todays news thread, which is very popular for some.... but not for me.

cheers, steve

No, but i'll see if theres a hack for that