Ticks and Lymes disease

Mick Dempsey

As far as i'm aware they like dense low vegetation like long grass, twice i've had one on me, the first no issue what so ever which i found on my stomach while waking in the morning. to say i was surprised was an understatement. the second i didn't even know i had picked up while  out on the bike,  my point is though both times i had no idea they had crawled onto me let alone latched on. the second time however i did contract limes but luckily caught it at the rash stage, the rash was pretty aggressive alone so sympathise anyone who has full blown limes.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm worried now!  I've had about ten latch on to me.  One in the US and the rest in France and Spain.

I pulled them all off before they swelled up and have never noticed a rash.

As for symptoms for a long time I've ached, sore joints and often feeling lethargic but I put it all down to getting older.

Is a test available from your local GP?

They seance the vibration of passing hosts  ( dog etc ) and jump when  timing it right from the long grass . Would be pretty unlucky to get one up a tree but , you could " take " one up from below un wittingly 

Edited by Stubby

56 minutes ago, Stubby said:

They seance the vibration of passing hosts  ( dog etc ) and jump when  timing it right from the long grass . Would be pretty unlucky to get one up a tree but , you could " take " one up from below un wittingly 

:scared1::scared1: Psychic bloodsuckers that know when you're going to be passing before you do. 

Do they sit round a little table holding hands:confused1::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Graham said:

I'm worried now!  I've had about ten latch on to me.  One in the US and the rest in France and Spain.

As for symptoms for a long time I've ached, sore joints and often feeling lethargic but I put it all down to getting older.

being the hypochondriac that I am, I'm also worried that I've been bitten by a tick at some point.. Had one on me years back from a cow, though it was just crawling around the dirty little Bsrd..

I do get tired and lethargic every few days, perhaps like you I aught to check it out. I thought it was just age catching up but you never know.. 

being the hypochondriac that I am, I'm also worried that I've been bitten by a tick at some point.. Had one on me years back from a cow, though it was just crawling around the dirty little Bsrd..

I do get tired and lethargic every few days, perhaps like you I aught to check it out. I thought it was just age catching up but you never know.. 

Just old age ya pair of hypochondriacs!lymes seems to be the new M.E.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure about ticks but I moved an old concrete coal bunker in my garden over the weekend; pulled it apart into sections and manhandled them. Two days later I am f'in covered in bites, all down the underside of both my arms and across much of my chest and belly. Each bite is about 5mm across and red; most have a hard whitish middle. Any clues what could have have been so keen to feast on my blood?