Oak egg

mickdundee

You're not wrong steve it can go spectacularly wrong can't it haha. I managed to get the pear this morning from the remainder of the piece as planned though. 

The timber was actually a knackered looking bit of sleeper that was tipped on my drive with some arisings. I cleaved the edges off and put it between centres as it seemed reasonably sound. Pleased I bothered with it now IMG_5101.thumb.JPG.89cccfa2d5e0cfecdfe378c3139cdf88.JPG

I did a bowl full of eggs as a practice idea, a simple shape that is sooo hard to get right and actually look like an egg, a fair few of mine went airborne over the field next door out of frustration. Great practice though.

On 31 July 2017 at 14:07, Lazurus said:

I did a bowl full of eggs as a practice idea, a simple shape that is sooo hard to get right and actually look like an egg, a fair few of mine went airborne over the field next door out of frustration. Great practice though.

When I buggered up the apple I could have easily spat my dummy and walked out the shed for the day haha. Managed to take a deep breath and think of something else to make instead. Id recently watched a video of someone turning an egg so went with that :)

On 7/31/2017 at 14:07, Lazurus said:

Yes it is hard to get the shape "just so "  and as you say an excellent exercise in appreciation and achievement of form  , which is essential to produce quality work ....however if you select a few real eggs most of them are not perfect !!!      nice one though Mick , when you have made good one try then to make an identical matching one !!!!