New Forum feedback

donnk

6 minutes ago, Stumpy Grinder said:

The new style Cover Photo 'porthole' distorted my logo so that it was unusable. I notice other have been distorted and some folk seem to have removed theirs? Surely a rectangular style would suit photos better?

SG

The issue was transefrring the format over from the old software to here.

Its a 30 second job to change an avatar

23 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

The issue was transefrring the format over from the old software to here.

Its a 30 second job to change an avatar

It is indeed, but it will only allow you to select a square section of what may be a rectangle which then becomes round? Re-sizing the picture makes no difference. Rectangles are therefore cropped heavily at the sides as well as the corners. Not a major problem clearly, just an observation............

Is there a way to get a listing of topics equivalent to the old "view new posts" or "view todays posts", whatever it was called, the one that listed all the topics regardless of which forum they were in, and had the doohickey you could click to view the first unread post? The nearest equivalent I can find (the "Today's Posts" thing) is nothing like, since it lists the actual posts rather than the topics, and only shows a few per screen.

I am sorry to say that I am really struggling with this new look, although I freely admit that I don't like it when things I have more or less got the hang of change beyond recognition. I recognise the effort that has gone into its development, and I am in awe of the technical skills it must have taken, but it just seems to me to be really, really difficult to make it work in a way that even vaguely resembles the old version. If someone can help with the question above (and it may be really simple and obvious if you know) then I'll be a lot happier and grateful.

9 hours ago, Treewolf said:

Is there a way to get a listing of topics equivalent to the old "view new posts" or "view todays posts", whatever it was called, the one that listed all the topics regardless of which forum they were in, and had the doohickey you could click to view the first unread post? The nearest equivalent I can find (the "Today's Posts" thing) is nothing like, since it lists the actual posts rather than the topics, and only shows a few per screen.

I am sorry to say that I am really struggling with this new look, although I freely admit that I don't like it when things I have more or less got the hang of change beyond recognition. I recognise the effort that has gone into its development, and I am in awe of the technical skills it must have taken, but it just seems to me to be really, really difficult to make it work in a way that even vaguely resembles the old version. If someone can help with the question above (and it may be really simple and obvious if you know) then I'll be a lot happier and grateful.

I'll second this post..  

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to replace the simplicity of navigation from the old forum to the painful experience it has become today..

We're told that in time people will get used to the new layout, the new navigation, I doubt it, I see it as a dangerous turn of events.. its gone from a simple click of the mouse to see what forums were current on the day, to having to navigate through treacle to get the same results today..

people don't look forward to driving in the fog, they like a clear road...  someone thought it a novel idea to introduce fog on a clear road....  it'll end in tears..

I'd recommend a contingency plan if traffic begins to fall away over the next few months, or weeks!!!... ether create a page similar to one we had before, or if thats not possible design a new forum with one that does...

Since this new forum was launched I've been holding back on the subject, but its time I spoke out, I wanted to say something on the first day but didn't want to ruin the party atmosphere as people congratulated themselves on such a good job.. But its not been a good job, its been disaster as far as I can see..

11 hours ago, Treewolf said:

On a desktop PC using firefox I see "view unread posts" in the top right corner, this seems to list all recent posts in a reverse chronological order (newest at top)

On those posts next to the username is a small black dot or star (what difference I don't know) this takes you to the last unread post

• Like 1