Forestry mulcher

simonm

I have got about a 2 acre site to clear of mostly bramble, rough grass and lots & lots of small self sets. I am wanting to put a bobcat & forestry flail through however the site used to be an office block which was demolished & crushed on site, the hardcore was spread over most of the site & compacted down.

I know that dropping the mulcher on the deck wont do it any favors, is it possible to keep it just off the ground to avoid the stone or would it just not smash stuff up enough?  

We clear a lot of rough old sites for developers and as above the kit will take a bit of a battering. I am not sure what head these bobcats run but if you can set the shoes/skids down  ( providing they have them) you will probably get away with a high cut, you could then clear whats cut and take another look.

Bob

I would think if you floated the mulcher over the ground to avoid heavy contact with floor you would cut and mulch most woody weeds and brambles, there can be a problem at this time of year with grass being shy of the flail, it depends on the shape and speed of the flail, some flails depend on being able to trap the cut produce onto the ground to make a tidy job of 'mulching'  all the above is dependant on your ''compacted down''  we have mulched brown field sites where demolished building have been flattened and the usual suspects have turned it in to a sssi!  the only problems punctures, therefore tracked or solid tyre an advantage, swinging hammers would be an advantage if lumps of demolished office block are not compacted, good luck

Hi. Easy job. We clear demolition sites all the time. We have several machines that will cope with this. We have swinging-hammer mulcher heads that will work down to ground level on crushed concrete, contaminated with metal scrap and other foreign objects, with no issues whatsoever. We can cope with material up to 18" diameter with these machines. If you send me your email address, I will send you a rate sheet. Pictures attached of a recent bad site. Or call our office in the morning to discuss. 01375 550989. Regards. Justin. 07801 478885.

DSC01011.JPG

DSC01034.JPG