budget tipper advice needed.

flatyre

[ATTACH]222704[/ATTACH]

Has my LDV forever, I bought one with very low miles and it has served me well. It's a tricky one because it never breaks but image is so important these days I'm starting to feel like a ***** surrounded by guys with truck on hp haha

to be honest i'd say stuff what other people in the business think, its what the customer thinks that's important, and in my experience Joe Public neither know nor cares about vehicle makes, models, or age. As long as its clean, reliable, and respectable looking, that's all that matters, everything else is just vanity.

On 23/07/2017 at 22:09, flatyre said:

to be honest i'd say stuff what other people in the business think, its what the customer thinks that's important, and in my experience Joe Public neither know nor cares about vehicle makes, models, or age. As long as its clean, reliable, and respectable looking, that's all that matters, everything else is just vanity.

Yup your not wrong there! 

On 23/07/2017 at 20:37, flatyre said:

Hey folks need a tipper asap unfortunately I've had a number of big money outputs recently so am looking at an old LDV or smiley transit, basically the sort of thing you folks were running twenty years ago. Anyone have experience of running either machine in the business and could one still be a viable workhorse until funds are available for something fresher?

Iv got an 03 plate transit arb tipper in yard with mot on it 

it's a bit tatty but ready for work 

£1200 Essex 

Edited by Joel77

Thanks Joes but i'm in northern Ireland, though for some random reason my brother is getting married in Devon in September so if the Transit is still there I might be interested in driving it home!, In the meanwhile I just picked up a 2003 2.5 Citroen Relay crewcab tipper with removable greedy boards, needs a few small jobs done and a bit of welding, but has good potential, anyone have any experience of these motors as an arb truck?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks ok to me. Obviously, (I hate when people say that), I don't know if it's a good runner, and/or rotting  out, but I'd use it as a work truck.

A weekend tidying it, and some sign writing, (if that's your 'bag'), will do well.

good luck with it.