budget tipper advice needed.

flatyre

Hey folks need a tipper asap unfortunately I've had a number of big money outputs recently so am looking at an old LDV or smiley transit, basically the sort of thing you folks were running twenty years ago. Anyone have experience of running either machine in the business and could one still be a viable workhorse until funds are available for something fresher?

Where are you in the country? I've got an Iveco daily double cab and Toyota dyna tipper both looking for new homes but haven't got around to advertising. They are a bit rough cosmetically and might need a bit of spannering but both have decent chip boxes and are ready to earn money. I'm in Cheshire, not far from Crewe if of interest.

I'm with swinny, for the first time, I think.:biggrin:

Nothing wrong with old Transits or LDV, I've run them both, apart from them being made of recycled Coke cans they work just fine.

If you can weld, or In my case have a mate that can, I'd buy an old un and run it till it dies.

My 06 plate Transit Van owes me nothing. If you don't need to go off road I'd look at a Nissan cabstar, cheap, cheerful, and carry the weight well.

Till it broke down:biggrin:

Only once outside your yard!

Old fuel pump was electric and ecu! That had gone down.

Got a fresh manual pump from scrappers. Ripped ecu out and fitted manual pump and throttle cable. Bullet proof then.

Sold it unfortunatley :( went with about 86k on and saw the lad in it a couple of years back and it was on 145k then :thumbup:

Where are you in the country? I've got an Iveco daily double cab and Toyota dyna tipper both looking for new homes but haven't got around to advertising. They are a bit rough cosmetically and might need a bit of spannering but both have decent chip boxes and are ready to earn money. I'm in Cheshire, not far from Crewe if of interest.

Northern Ireland, but just out of curiosity how much was on the Iveco?

Northern Ireland, but just out of curiosity how much was on the Iveco?

Dunno really, I'm open to offers. It's got Mot etc, is the big 3l engine (amazing tow truck), huge chip box, uprated springs. Needs a couple of tyres and has an occasional intermittent starting fault but runs perfectly once started.

[ATTACH]222704[/ATTACH]

Has my LDV forever, I bought one with very low miles and it has served me well. It's a tricky one because it never breaks but image is so important these days I'm starting to feel like a ***** surrounded by guys with truck on hp haha