Small pro saw

jamesd

Have always ran 15" on most my saws but had to recently put an 18" on my ported 560 ..my back just can't cope no more with a 15",Locked up solid on the landing after winching up a stick to cross cut .... seriously thought that was the end of my tree work career! Any way the saw seems to handle it very well apart from de railing more !

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got Stihl equipment -but that's because of the very good service at our local dealership-. I know I should not curse in husky-church or Stihl-synagoge, but just buy at a company that gives you the best aftermarket service -doesn't matter if its Husqvarna or Stihl.

On the 261: nice to work with, but I had some trouble with them after a year. Don't know if there are similar problems with Husqvarna

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thanks for all the replies guys, just been to have a look at the 261 and 550 in my local store.

I like the way the husqvarna handles over the stihl so am leaning towards the husqvarna. If I go that way what fuel do you guys use in the husqvarna? All my other saws are stihl and I use stihl super 2 stroke oil (the green stuff!) would it be alright to use this or do I need something different?

Cheers, James.

Thanks for all the replies guys, just been to have a look at the 261 and 550 in my local store.

I like the way the husqvarna handles over the stihl so am leaning towards the husqvarna. If I go that way what fuel do you guys use in the husqvarna? All my other saws are stihl and I use stihl super 2 stroke oil (the green stuff!) would it be alright to use this or do I need something different?

Cheers, James.

yes that will be fine, am using it in my 560 atm. i would like to know why people buy the £40/gallon 2 stroke though, as i am finding it exactly the same as running on the £13/gallon mineral oil, which has never given me any trouble.

I have just bought a second 550, everyones favourite, first saw on the van in the morning.

I have a 560 and a 562 but I hardly use them anymore.

Thanks what fuel are you using in the 550? Nice to know you go for the 550 over the 560. What bars are you running?