New ranger. Really that bad?

Redgate

Was looking at upgrading my 08 ranger to the new model. Didn't know of the issues till I searched through here.

Is it as bad as some members have found or were these vehicles just lemons?

I will be towing an Ifor williams 8x5 tipper a lot of the time so need at least 2.7t towing capacity.

Was looking at upgrading my 08 ranger to the new model. Didn't know of the issues till I searched through here.

Is it as bad as some members have found or were these vehicles just lemons?

I will be towing an Ifor williams 8x5 tipper a lot of the time so need at least 2.7t towing capacity.

What issues? None so far in 12K. I believe the new Ranger can tow 3.5T.

I have had a terrible experience with my 2013 ranger. Been out of action 8 weeks now still waiting on new engine. Be told by ford that finally the engine has arrived and should be back to me soon - it will be up for sale & will never buy another Ford again (been ford owner for 32 years) FordUK have been useless - and don't seem to care. In 2.5 years of ownership this is 4th failure.

The oil pump is a known issue they have recalled transit with same engine, but not ranger (or just some, but not mine as apparently not affected 😣). Obviously they don't expect ranger drivers to do as much mileage so by time it fails it will be out of warranty. If it's got 2.2 engine I wouldnt touch it.

Ranger T6 has been good for us, have had rangers for over 20 years, we have a small business fleet and we are due to change two of them in the next month, Ford need to sort out the lead time been waiting 8 months for one, have to say we were concerned about the oil pump recall for transit on the 2.2 however Ford would not rework them however we had no failures, they have done 80k each in 4 years, mega vehicles, however if we suffered some of the issues people have on here we would go Toyota in a heartbeat, i think getting a good dealer is key, we use Jacksons Ford in henley in arden, they are superb and have a depth of experience that has meant we have never been left without a vehicle, i know they have some very important fleet customers and take plenty of referrals from other dealers, that said they are multiple british champions