Where Di you have your chipper blades sharpened ?

RichieR

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would I need to get bob

As Dave has done Richie or one of those Tormek whetstone grinders, I am not sure which model but a few of the lads on here have them with a fixture for doing chipper blades.

Mine is an old mower grinder I converted, has an adjustable sweep of about a metre so can do big or small blades. It can do six pairs of TW 150 blades at a time :)

Posted this before

[ame]

[/ame]

Can you grind curved tw blades on home grinders?

The head rotates on that old clunker so you can use the radius to sharpen and not the flat of the stone, so yes it can do both and I would imagine if the right fixture was made you could do the same on the Tormek or dry bench grinders. A fair bit of debate on this curved vs straight and whether or not it makes any difference.

Bob

GreenMech sell their own blade grinder which uses the radius rather than the flat. See it on YouTube! There are many firms that sharpen blades, my old outfit had a quality Ag engineer on the doorstep, J L George and Son at Long Whatton, who did both flat and disc blades as well as our lorry bodies and sundry other stuff!

I'll put my hand up and say that Saturn are hopeless too. Recently ordered new blades, after two months of ringing every week and being fobbed off I cancelled my order. The guy on phone couldn't give a toss about it. Will never use them again, expect they will get where they are going!