346xp fuel leak

davesnout

My 346 has been dribbling fuel for a while. When I get to investigate, there are 3 lines coming from/to the tank. One has a shaped end attaches to a nipple, the carb feed passes through from tank to carb and the third is, I presume, the return from the priming bulb. This last one looks to be the problem.

How does the primer return attach to the tank? There is a hole which the line must attach to but the line is not attached nor can I see how it would.

Any suggestions?

My 346 has been dribbling fuel for a while. When I get to investigate, there are 3 lines coming from/to the tank. One has a shaped end attaches to a nipple, the carb feed passes through from tank to carb and the third is, I presume, the return from the priming bulb. This last one looks to be the problem.

How does the primer return attach to the tank? There is a hole which the line must attach to but the line is not attached nor can I see how it would.

Any suggestions?

There are three tank connections. The first is nearest the rear handle and is the main fuel line, the second is the breather and the one furthest from the rear handle is the union for the primer bulb with the other short pipe going to the carb.

The most likely cause of a fuel leak is around a shrunken fuel pipe, dislodged tank breather or the return pipe from the primer has come off.

Does the fuel leak happen when you refuel and the tank is pretty full?

Yes mine does. It happened a few years ago and you recommended that yellow tube adhesive. It works for a while, then pops off again. Perhaps due to ageing plastic would i be better replacing the insert Spud. Or do you suggest another trick. I clean tank out of fuel and leave it to dry. Sorry for hijack. I think im on same page.

Sent from my LG-K100 using Arbtalk mobile app

The return to tank hose fits to an orange connection on the tank, it is quite hard to see it, it sits next to the white breather nozzel, it was quite common to see people connect the return to tank hose to the breather.

In answer to both of you, it should be a push in interference fit but personally degrease the hole and use a bit of Loctite around the breather to stop it coming out again. Avoid getting the glue on the sintered metal part!

Mines the white plastic plug in part. Possibly nylon or similar.

Sent from my LG-K100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Aye I know you know your stuff. I'm a bit dopey at the moment. See my posts in the tiredness thread[emoji43] thanks. I'll try not to forget before I sort it and stick it all in with grab adhesive and gaffer tape[emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk