Bore cut failed. What did I do wrong?

Hunter

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to me if the bar has just poped through I've found that unless your giving it plenty of welly the saw will sometime get bogged down then trapped.

Can't see any other reason as you have the hinge at the frount and the holding wood at the back holding it up of the chain

Tree is dead and trunk has absorbed a lot of water so I guess the henge must have collapsed as the tree leaned towards the tip of the saw.

I do not want to do the same mistake tomorrow.

What will be the best way to plan my cut to free the husky bar.

Pretend the bar is not in the tree so to speak and cut down towards it, finish your dog tooth. That would be my option 1.

Step cut above it would be my option 2. If you decide to go option 2 stand in as safe a position as possible in case it barbers but looking at the width of the tree with a powerful saw on full revs I think you'll be fine.

Let us know how you get on.

On skinny heavy leaners id have used the 2 face cuts at either side

Do this ^^^ if you know how to do it. If you don't know how to do it get someone to teach you.

Looks like the gob is too small for such a heavy lean, also looks like the tree is leaning in two directions and you've picked the wrong one to try and fell it in, but that could just be the picture.

Go in with a sharp saw a few inches above and cut fast! Keep on your toes.

This is what I'd do to get the bar out.

Taking two saws into the wood is always a good idea to cut yourself out if you get pinched. Saves you having to come back the next day to retrieve a bar and chain. :thumbup: