Subbing for Ground Control

Laurence sls

Hi Chaps/Chapettes,

Has anyone running one or two teams ever subbed out to Ground Control?

Just looking at there questionnaire and was wondering about there day/hourly rate etc.

This is just for arb work (not rail or utility), has anyone got a lot of work out of it or just the odd bits and bobs. And is it worth it if your running a three man team with truck, chipper, yard rental, keep long up with all regs etc.

As usual your advice would be fantastic

Cheers

Laurence

People who sub for ground control prob won't air any greevsnces on here for fear of loosing there work if they have any.

I don't sub for ground control but I'm considering it, so far they seem like a good bunch but not sure how I feel a about being a small cog in a big machine.

I've only heard good things tbh and seem very profecinal and look after there guys

Hi Chaps/Chapettes,

Has anyone running one or two teams ever subbed out to Ground Control?

I have filled out the PQQ twice over the years but never actually done any work. A firm local to us seems to be well in bed with them and has 2 or 3 teams but I think it is mostly doing road and rail.

We did a year with them. Glad to be out of it and won't go back. Rates for grounds maint stuff is pathetic. They had me running all over pricing tree work that we were never awarded. The only big tree job we won was canceled the night before. We had 3 new area managers in the year and no one new what was happening. The whole thing felt like a shambles. I know another local to us who are in their second year and is their main income (grounds maint) and are looking for a way out. We did work on the Aberdeen bypass and we're short changed 7k by the company that contracted us in. GC put them under for 100k. There was nothing left for us once the liquidators devided up.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Arbtalk mobile app

Never been involved and glad I arnt, one contractor I know who is and it's a nightmare turn up mob handed or with big kit and get finished early and they dock your money , having to clock on and off via mobile app etc no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Never been involved and glad I arnt, one contractor I know who is and it's a nightmare turn up mob handed or with big kit and get finished early and they dock your money , having to clock on and off via mobile app etc no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Do they pay more if you turn up with a three inch chipper and take longer?:biggrin: