The mutt's nuts, take 'me or leave 'em?

Mick Dempsey

Hi all. Since my new puppy is just 4months old , he is behaving oddly.

He seems to be at my side all time when I am home, he is wetting our settee and bed when he runs upstairs, he love being outside. He knows he done wrong as he heads for the table to hide .

What can I do to stop him. He gets walked 4 times a day, on good food and has plenty of love

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems to be at my side all time when I am home, he is wetting our settee and bed when he runs upstairs, he love being outside. He knows he done wrong as he heads for the table to hide .

What can I do to stop him. He gets walked 4 times a day, on good food and has plenty of love

Sounds like a sensitive dog.

He may be nervous and perhaps excited.

He is also still young.

Don't shout at him when he makes a mistake.

sent from my phone but never in work time.

Sounds like seperation anxiety to me..ie he gets nervous when you-his bestest pal-is not around.Remember he is still very young and he should grow out of it as he gets older and more confident.

When it comes too peeing indoors,timing here is crucial.

When you see him about to pee(usual behaviour is circling and sniffing the ground)clap your hands or make a high voice sound-i say pee pee..pee pee then take him outside.

He should then start to assosiate peeing with being taken outside pretty quickly.

Keep an eye on him and praise him loads when he does pee outside.

Be patient it will happen if your pro active in training the little fella.

Good luck mate

Our Jack Russell was humping anything & everything. His speciality was humping Elmer (a patchwork elephant toy doll) whilst staring at us in a wide eyed stare "look at me doing Elmer, hurr, hurr, hurr" kind of way. It was kinda surreal and we quickly arranged to have him done... and it worked, thank god!

cheers, Steve

Our JackR took a good 8 months or more to get properly house trained. I think pups tend to have a short period of time in bladder control, but that time gets much longer as they grow.

It's annoying having to clean up but it will get better (given time)...along with encouragement by saying "go wee wee" at command (outdoors/ not in the living room!)

cheers, steve