Trees In My Neighbours garden

David Read

They may not be interested in OP's plight because it doesn't effect them.

Get ½ dozen cockerel (or some other method of choice) that will negatively affect the neighbours enjoyment of life.

When they come round to complain, bingo, there's your trade off!

Or kill them and bury them in a shallow grave....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not making sense?

You understand about how we live in the northern hemisphere and the movement of the earth around the sun?

Makes perfect sense to me Mick . Iv been drinking also . :001_smile:

I did the decent thing and went shopping with the missus.

Ever since the champions league final of '99 when I announced that I was leaving the pub with 2 minutes to go to ensure Man U got an equalising goal against Bayern (by the time I got home they'd won it and it'd missed the drama) I've had to admit that I'm a Jonah and have to absent myself to help the cause.

Enjoyed the whole Lions thing though.

They may not be interested in OP's plight because it doesn't effect them.

Get ½ dozen cockerel (or some other method of choice) that will negatively affect the neighbours enjoyment of life.

When they come round to complain, bingo, there's your trade off!

Or kill them and bury them in a shallow grave....

Ditto.

Why you need planning permission for an extension but you are free to grow 70 foot trees is as mystery too me!

I have worked for plenty of inconsiderate miserable tree owner's over the years, lots of them do it just to piss the neighbours off. They will prune the trees/branches that affect them but leave everything else.

Ditto.

Why you need planning permission for an extension but you are free to grow 70 foot trees is as mystery too me!

I have worked for plenty of inconsiderate miserable tree owner's over the years, lots of them do it just to piss the neighbours off. They will prune the trees/branches that affect them but leave everything else.

It's as much about knowing "people" as it is about knowing trees....

Where common sense, decency, tact, diplomacy and even legal process fail, there's always an alternative course of action....

Once you know "people!"

It's as much about knowing "people" as it is about knowing trees....

Where common sense, decency, tact, diplomacy and even legal process fail, there's always an alternative course of action....

Once you know "people!"

You probably haven't met enough 'people'. It's not my job to change people's minds after all it is their property and their right to be an ahole. Not that I agree like.

Its also possible that the neighbour is scared to get a quote as they haven't got a lot of money to spend on this kind of job and doesn't like to admit it. A friendly word with them and the offer to pay for the work might work wonders. I would add a caveat into any deal is that they must be taken out and not trimmed as you will be back in the same situation in a few years time.

Mike