Palm Tree Chippers

John Mac

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a cs100 (bought 5 or so years ago on the back of comments from this forum) and could not recommend it for palms as it blocks up too easy and the blades get dull very quickly and that's on green coconut fronds

if you try dead coconut fronds the blades will be blunt after only a couple of fronds

i have a cs100 (bought 5 or so years ago on the back of comments from this forum) and could not recommend it for palms as it blocks up too easy and the blades get dull very quickly and that's on green coconut fronds

if you try dead coconut fronds the blades will be blunt after only a couple of fronds

Interesting, a Jo Beau copes well but not sure on knife wear.

notice how the leaf part does not get chipped at all only the stem really

Even on the vermeer 1800xl unless you shove in a big bunch of fronds at once the leaf part will only get roughly chopped.

Really you would need a shredder for complete frond destruction

If i chip one Palm into a load of normal woodchip if ruins that load or i have to run it through a screening plant to get the leaf out

When chipping Palms on mass I tend to give the results away as it is not worth the bother to screen them

Get a lorry and a box of matches pal.

That's what's happening I think......a lot of my jobs are in huge tall Washingtonias that haven't been touched for years and virtually all the waste is rock hard dry frond....