Battery landscaping tools

StuartM

like i said for me i wouldnt go battery unless i have to, not being funny to the likes of stihl and husky equipment, but i do a lot of landscaping and fencing and used all of the big names in battery equipment millwake bosh dewalt makita and other brands. Even with the new generation batteries the more times you charge them the less use time you end up getting from the battery and weather can kill them to getting to hot or freezing cold, and these guys have been doing battery tools for more years than husky and stihl combined in there battery eventure

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said for me i wouldnt go battery unless i have to, not being funny to the likes of stihl and husky equipment, but i do a lot of landscaping and fencing and used all of the big names in battery equipment millwake bosh dewalt makita and other brands. Even with the new generation batteries the more times you charge them the less use time you end up getting from the battery and weather can kill them to getting to hot or freezing cold, and these guys have been doing battery tools for more years than husky and stihl combined in there battery eventure

Interesting to keep hearing from folk saying the more you keep charging the less time you get from your Battery .... .well coming up to 3 years and both Batteries are still has strong has when I bought them .

Ste

Even if a battery only lasted two years it's a consumable so shouldn't it be compared to the cost of fuel you would have used over the two years?

As mentioned earlier, I would like to see what a brush cutter or hedge trimmer can handle first. My little domestic Stihl battery saw is great at small cutting jobs, with the battery lasting ages but if I start cutting 6"+ logs it'll run down very quickly.

I would consider a battery brush cutter myself and would be interested to hear how they cope with rough grass, brambles etc.

I would consider a battery brush cutter myself and would be interested to hear how they cope with rough grass, brambles etc.

I use one of the straight shaft cordless strimmer everyday for edging and that's has far has it goes .....edging.

They tie themselves in a knot on anything bigger.

Absolutely great for maintenance.

Ste

I use one of the straight shaft cordless strimmer everyday for edging and that's has far has it goes .....edging.

They tie themselves in a knot on anything bigger.

Absolutely great for maintenance.

Ste

Yes I have recently bought a husky 115li and it's great for edging and long grass which is all it's intended for. It's a great bit of kit but anything heavy and the ear defence and 2 stroke come out.

All in all I think it's a step in the right direction, well pleased with it it is a cracking bit of kit that has its place.

Sort of like having a top handle and an 880 same tool different uses.

I didn't want to look at the battery powered equipment -t-handle saw in my case- at first as well. Working at a few sound sensitive locations I thought I give it a try. This was about 2 years ago. Whenever I do not need the extra power of the heavier petrol chainsaws I will take the e-saw

-Stihl for me, but just because my supplier is a friend as well and his shop close to home-

Bought the hedgecutter a few months back. Don't do a lot of hedges, but use it whenever I can. Strong enough for most jobs.

I have two batteries and a speedcharger I can plug in in the truck. Never had a problem, and after two years the battery is about the same as it was new.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I had a trip over to Honey Brothers to have a look yesterday I ended up coming home with a few bits from the Husky range. After charging up the batteries I only had time for a quick test of the brush cutter but first impressions are good, plenty of power and nice and quiet. Got to wait until the weekend to give it a proper test along with the hedge trimmer but I'm happy so far.

In the end I decided that for the jobs I do I can work round the run time limitations and if I really need to I can borrow my mates KM131.

• 2 months later...

I've got two saws and a short hedgetrimmer, all Husky and all in the 536 range, which are the most powerful and I'm pleased with them all.

The hedgetrimmer has no problems with many of the larger bits of hedge which the 2-stroke used to struggle over.

My whinge at the moment though is that I'm trying to get the pole hedgetrimmer and the strimmer but the delivery dates to the dealers from Husqvarna just seem to be getting further away each time I've asked what's happening.

The latest estimate is some time in October, though I ordered both at the beginning of August.  Surprising as Husqvarna has such a good reputation.