Using personal truck for work...What's a fair price?

MW Tree Services

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you only get 45p a mile this includes wear and tear as far as the taxman is concerned.

Should your employer offer to say pay your tyres or MOT/repairs etc then they can claim the vat back on it and you will have to pay benefit in kind tax on the amount as well.

Far cheaper for you, and them really, to provide you with the vehicle rather than them to try and do it on the cheap.

Or they could give you cash for your troubles and the world will still spin :thumbup1:

I get £40 a day for Peugeot partner van and I average 100 miles a day It adds up to a nice few quid at end of the month

How meany miles are you doing ? Is it worth it for say 15 miles !! I'd hit them with £50 a day for a 4x4 & towing

Like said diesel is one thing but services tyres repairs mileage all takes it toll

I get £40 a day for Peugeot partner van and I average 100 miles a day It adds up to a nice few quid at end of the month

How meany miles are you doing ? Is it worth it for say 15 miles !! I'd hit them with £50 a day for a 4x4 & towing

Like said diesel is one thing but services tyres repairs mileage all takes it toll

if your doing 100 a day then you are losing £5 a day!

As in using your own truck to help someone else out at work?

Don't think 45p a mile would cover any more than diesel if that- certainly not if towing

I'm working for someone for the summer, using my own truck. It's full time so not just the odd mile here and there.

Well they only pay 40p, got finance insurance and all that to pay out of my own pocket.

Rather have it parked up anyway and not have the sh*t beaten out of it..especially if they are only covering the fuel, but it's hard to work out.

you only get 45p a mile this includes wear and tear as far as the taxman is concerned.

Should your employer offer to say pay your tyres or MOT/repairs etc then they can claim the vat back on it and you will have to pay benefit in kind tax on the amount as well.

Far cheaper for you, and them really, to provide you with the vehicle rather than them to try and do it on the cheap.

Or they could give you cash for your troubles and the world will still spin [emoji106]1:

They offer 40p for everything..times are tough probably down to their last £5 million