Bobcat vs small loaders

Dillinger86

we use a torro dingo when occasion calls.

in the right situation is an awesome bit of kit, really surprising what it can lift, really good access, low ground pressure, if you use boards on turning points leaves virtually no mess.

terrible ground clearance (forget mud), only lifts to 2m and no reach.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the summer I can't say Iv noticed any damage to grass with bobcats, i recon most machines will damage grass in winter/wet etc

I only tend to take mine to site if it's a clearance or loads of gear to move about most domestic jobs loaders are over kill

I Spose at the end of the day it's down to money and if you've got the work for it to earn it's keep

I'm leaning more towards the bobcat, budget being a major factor. An avant would be nice but I could buy a bobcat outright. Most important thing is moving stuff around the yard i.e. Bags of logs, rubbish on the fire shift cord.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Wheeled skidsteers are completely useless on any sort of grass or mud. They have no traction and sink very quickly if it's even slightly damp, I've seen them stuck in deep gravel as well. If you look on instagram everyone has tracked skid or articulating wheeled. There's a reason for that.

However, you can put bands over the wheels on them. There is one about with a mulcher on a wheeled Case but i'm not sure how effective they are or how long they last.

I'm leaning more towards the bobcat, budget being a major factor. An avant would be nice but I could buy a bobcat outright. Most important thing is moving stuff around the yard i.e. Bags of logs, rubbish on the fire shift cord.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Next job you need that comes up you need one for hire or get a demo and see how they perform, then try a articulated loader then decide.

Wheeled skidsteers are completely useless on any sort of grass or mud. They have no traction and sink very quickly if it's even slightly damp, I've seen them stuck in deep gravel as well. If you look on instagram everyone has tracked skid or articulating wheeled. There's a reason for that.

However, you can put bands over the wheels on them. There is one about with a mulcher on a wheeled Case but i'm not sure how effective they are or how long they last.

Iv only got normal tyres on my bobcat it flys tro mud might need a few shunts every now n then but I'm impressed with it in the mud

Also front wheelie,s avoid damage to grass and saves the tyres on concrete