Bobcat vs small loaders

Dillinger86

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years ago I was going to buy a boxer loader and did not in the end the reason is, after talking to customers with large gardens I do work for they said they would not want tracked machine in garden or anything that was skid steer and yes you can put ply down but it more work before you start. Land up buying a Giant 204 on turf tyres no ply just get on with job.

Worked along side a bobcat

some years back. When it ran we called it ten men. That's what it could do.

Really handy extracting stems from in woodland.

It does rag the ground and drip oil on expensive driveways though.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Does anyone use a skidsteer or kanga or toro dingo? It seems that one of these tools could take a lot of Manual handling away from the job and for the price a lot less than an untrained member of staff. Anyone made this jump? Gone the root of machinery over people?

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

I bought a Bobcat T770 a couple of years ago and its been awesome - I have a Seppi Midi Forst mulcher and a hydraulic grapple - the machine can lift over a tonne no problem.

I often get involved in situations where the trees are felled and snedded up and we go in, extract the stems to the roadside or wherever and mulch the brash - job done.

Admittedly at 6 tonne its a bit of a lump to move around but in the right location its able to do a huge amount of work for a relatively small, compact machine.

I work right across the UK if anyone needs a hand :thumbup1:

Who here uses a bobcat for tree work?

Anyone use a toro dingo or something similar?

Come at me with what's best i.e. Site accessibility maneuverability usability...

As regards to which is the better option all depends on the majority of your work. The smaller (stand on the back) machines get in more places and are quick. If you take into account you can just jump on and drive. Whereas the bobcat type skidsteer requires you to climb in and out of the cab, which is a ball ache if it only gets used for a couple of minutes but a lot of times a day.

But on the other hand if your on a lot of bigger jobs that require an operator to be on it all day and access isn't an issue. Then bigger is better (within reason).

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk